Vomiting teething: could it be that
Vomiting when teething is a phenomenon not frequent. In very rare cases, this symptom may occur in a healthy baby. To determine when the child needed medical help, to help this article.
In anticipation of the tooth
Symptoms of teething are:
- Changing the behaviour of crumbs: moodiness, tearfulness, irritability. Kids beg on hands, do not want to play by yourself. Pain in the gums, is the main culprit for the deterioration of child’s health. Since the baby cannot Express the reason for words, he does it by crying.
- The increase in body temperature occurs not always. This symptom may indicate the joining of the viral infection. To establish an accurate diagnosis, you need to call the house pediatrician. The doctor will do a physical exam. Upon detection of redness of the eyes, throat, slezotechenii, copious discharge from the nose, coughing in most cases, pediatricians confirm a viral cause of fever.
- Hypersalivation — increased saliva when teething is one of the main features that is present in almost all babies. It serves as a cause of symptoms similar to infectious diseases. To determine whether diarrhea and vomiting in a child with signs of the imminent emergence of a tooth or cause a pathological condition, to help the pediatrician.
- Itching gums. To confirm this symptom can observe the child’s behavior. If he has itchy gums, he enjoyed onmouseleave toys, teethers, puts his mouth different items and your own fingers. The duration of breast feeding increases, intervals are reduced. Breast milk has antiseptic property that helps to eliminate pain in the gums, the warmth and love of a mother to soothe and lull baby.
- The gums with the teeth penetrate swells, it appears as swelling, redness.
- The appearance of elongated stripes on the gums, a little bleeding.
- Violation of sleep mode. Pain in the gums gives the child much suffering in the intense phase of the eruption have on the night. Because of this, the baby may be restless sleep, Wake up, moan and cry out in your sleep.
- Cough is the reason for the increase in the amount of salivary fluid. Baby is not able to swallow saliva is constantly produced, the result is a reflex cough. The symptom is worse when horizontal.
Few parents can boast that all their kids teeth appeared quickly. Most moms and dads remember how painful was this period. Of the above symptoms, a particular child may experience only some of them.
Monitoring health is important
While waiting for the appearance of the incisor, canine or molar parents should carefully monitor the behavior and health of the crumbs. Vomiting teething in children, fever, cough, redness of the throat can be signs of dangerous diseases.
Vomiting in babies causes:
- Overeating. Young moms often worry that their baby is getting enough nutrition. Any crying they perceive as information that the baby is hungry and therefore trying to feed him. However, overeating leads to pain and bubbling in the belly, regurgitation, and nausea. Discomfort brings the little man is inconvenience, which he specifies crying. Some inexperienced moms, re-think their baby is hungry and offer him a bottle with milk or formula.
To determine the mode of feeding is very important for the health of the baby. To do this properly, you need to visit a doctor and get his recommendations. It is important to remember that the mixture is optimized nutrition for babies, but feeding it should be done at intervals of at least 2 — 2.5 hours. In between feeding, you need to offer the baby to drink clean water.
Women nursing babies at the breast, are faced with the problem of overfeeding is much less likely because: breast milk is the best food for baby, it is quickly absorbed, less likely to cause fermentation in the gut;
- Feeding the baby the wrong mixture causes abdominal pain, nausea, frequent vomiting, liquid stool, vomiting;
- Hysteria, long unrestrained wail:
- Gastroenteritis. Disease caused by viruses (rotavirus, calicivirus, adenovirus) and bacteria (Shigella, Salmonella, Escherichia coli). The disease develops in poisoning with mushrooms, drugs. Signs of gastroenteritis are observed during allergic reactions, helminth infections;
- Teething in the amplification of the salivary fluid;
The introduction of solid foods often causes vomiting. Remember to introduce new foods separately, in small quantities, carefully milled form. If the new product causes a negative reaction, give up on him for a while. The cause of the vomiting may also be that the little guy choked on a bite of food.
- Poisoning with poor — quality food- is very dangerous. If a young mother believes that the baby was poisoned, you should immediately call an ambulance. Before arrival of doctors it is advisable to give the baby adsorbing the drug. It is not recommended to self-prescribe antibiotics;
- SARS. During a cold, increasing the number of salivary, nasal fluid. Mucus flows into the throat, causing a reflex cough, it will in time lead to vomiting;
- Bacterial infections (pneumonia, bronchitis). Whooping cough — a disease attack which is accompanied by a painful cough and ends up vomiting;
- Brain injury.
Could there be vomiting while teething normal?
Yes, but this situation is extremely rare. From the list above, it became clear that the symptom is called a variety of reasons. To determine why the child vomited, young parents is difficult. In order not to endanger the health of your precious baby, consult a pediatrician.
Danger may be near!
If the child appeared vomiting, it can be a symptom of a dangerous disease. Immediately seek help if:
- The masses contain blood impurities. Dark coagulated clots indicate bleeding in your stomach, red blood indicates injury of the esophagus, oral cavity.
- There are signs of a concussion after a fall, of shot. Dizziness, unconsciousness, respiratory failure is a very dangerous symptoms of brain damage.
- Baby complains of severe abdominal pain.
- A child is crying uncontrollably, it is impossible to pacify.
- The baby refuses water, symptoms of intoxication: fever, sunken fontanelles, dry mucous membranes, no urination, heavy breathing, bad breath.
If the child appeared vomiting on the teeth, to assist him:
- To calm;
- Remove contaminated clothing;
- Wash your son or daughter to wipe with a towel;
- Change into clean clothes;
- To put to bed. If your baby refuses to lie down, don’t insist, the main task of parents is to prevent physical exertion. It is not desirable to jump, run, play with a small fidget in mobile games;
- Put in sight clean the bowl. Explain to your child if you feel nausea, you have used the capacity.
- Let me drink a few SIPS of clean water. Do not drink plenty of fluids, this will trigger a new attack.
- Watch the well-being of a son or daughter, when a temperature of liquid stools, abdominal pain, contact your pediatrician.
Advice to moms and dads:
- To mucus accumulation in the throat, with runny nose, hypersalivation, during sleep, place your baby on the pillow;
- During the period of active eruption of the tooth do not enter in lure of new food products;
- Carefully follow the oral hygiene of the baby;
- Do not let the baby pull in the mouth dirty pens, toys, foreign objects. For pain relief and relieving itching in the gums, purchase a specially designed teethers.
Parents should not use drugs, earlier than your baby will be examined by the doctor. Independent prescribing of medicines will change the clinical picture and the difficulty of diagnosis.
Teething is an important period not only for parents but also for children. You should not be angry at the baby for what his behavior has changed, he became Moody and needs careful attention. As time passes, the tooth will erupt, and all the problems remain in the past.