Wedge-shaped defect teeth: causes and treatment, pictures
Apart from widespread dental caries is a disease that a lot of people worried – wedge-shaped defect teeth. What are its causes, treatment and pictures give below to be fully acquainted with the problem.
The disease resembles cervical caries, although it is not. Because the process of destruction of enamel is painless, many and missing the start, letting it drag on. How to deal with the unsightly appearance of such teeth, why it arises, can we prevent it and how to cure – will be explained in more detail.
What is a wedge-shaped defect teeth?
Not every dentist will tell you such a flaw, and call it in different ways. There is, however, a definite diagnosis is wedge-shaped teeth defect, it is manifested by lesions the cervical area of the tooth enamel and is shaped like a triangle or wedge. Sometimes the clinic can point you to pricesavvy tooth decay, but actually it is not. The etiology of this disease is completely different.
Also confuses the disease with erosion of enamel, the same acid caries and necrosis, that is, the destruction of the hard tissues under the influence of acids. Though is damage and in a similar way, but they have different origins, and therefore must be treated quite differently. Only make the correct diagnosis, your doctor can help you to get rid of the problem, or at least suspend it.
To allocate the exact causes of wedge-shaped defect teeth is not yet in any doctor. But there are suggestions that it contributes to the deterioration of the situation. And this:
- Wrong oral hygiene in General. This includes illiterate cleaning – move horizontally. Cleaning the teeth with a stiff brush immediately after consuming acidic products, e.g. fruit.
- The modern hygienic pastes also are not always picked up correctly and able to clean enamel, making it fragile.
- A violation of the acidity of a General nature and in the mouth including. Even changes in the gastrointestinal tract can affect to facilitate the occurrence of the defect.
- Malocclusion, which occurs in most people on the planet.
- Active bleaching compositions can also destroy the enamel.
- Diseases of the thyroid gland.
- Hormonal disorders, especially in women, can lead to the abrasion of the teeth. And during pregnancy and breastfeeding increases the risk of any dental diseases.
- Inflammation and various gum problems, by type of gingivitis, periodontitis, etc.
- Perhaps mechanical damage to teeth or gums, for example, as a result of frequent consumption of solid food and bad habits.
- Malnutrition, which excluded products containing calcium and fluoride.
- Excessive alcohol consumption and Smoking. Alcohol leaches calcium from the body in large quantities, which leads to frequent diseases of the teeth.
- Fascination with carbonated beverages or acidic juices.
- Some infectious diseases can also lead to similar consequences.
- Radiation therapy and chemotherapy.
- Age-related changes in the body. In old age, such defects are much more common.
- Wearing braces if they are chosen incorrectly or the doctor carelessly removed.
Even the existence of a problem with relatives should be the reason for increased attention to disease prevention.
The main problem with wedge-shaped defect in that its emergence is seen by the people. After all, pain is entirely absent. What symptoms should alert and get more attentive to the condition of the teeth?
- The initial color change of the enamel. It becomes less shiny and pale, and over time, there is a distinct pigmentation.
- Gradually, as if «slipping» the gums with the tooth and the tooth neck is opened first, and later the root.
- Discomfort and hypersensitivity, reaction to hot and cold. Such hypersensitivity can even cause irritation on the toothpaste or the brushing.
The pathogenesis of the defect manifested by a gradual lesion of the enamel and, depending on its degree will be different and the treatment itself the problem. There are the following stages of disease:
- The initial stage, violations are almost invisible at a cursory inspection. At this time you may experience sensitivity to stimuli and a slight change of gloss enamel.
- The average degree is characterized by the already high level of hyperesthesia and beginning the destruction of tooth surface.
- Progressive stage is marked by a significant depth of the defect, up to 4 mm. Wedge clearly visible and has the edge.
- Stage deep disease reaches more than 5 mm. there is a noticeable discoloration of the enamel and may be affected dentin.
Treatment wedge-shaped defect teeth
To determine whether to cure such a disease, you need to consider the degree of damage and to choose the right treatments. They can be the following:
- Filling the wedge-shaped formations of special trains. They have high levels of fluoride which prevents further decay.
- To fill the shortage of calcium may be used and remineralizing therapy.
- For home treatment of the initial stages you can take toothpaste that contains fluoride and calcium. But for good effect you need to use it long enough.
- For home treatment, your doctor may prescribe special varnishes or gels that need to take the course.
- Special braces are put in cases when a reason was explicitly broken bite.
- In more complex situations, set the filling or the crown.
- Complete restoration of the tooth is at a maximum deep lesions.
- Modern dentistry offers less painful treatment – laser therapy. Discomfort the patient does not feel. With a laser strengthens enamel, reduces sensitivity, and prevents further destruction. The procedure can be performed even in the case of allergies, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Electoral sosotoyanie, which corrects the tooth and opposed to it, which when chewing strongly affects the appearance of the defect due to the load.
If the doctor will establish the cause of the disease, it will be much easier. Eliminating it can be accurately to ensure that the defect does not appear again, and any problem will disappear by itself. Only now, modern medicine is still not able to reliably establish the causes of such diseases. There is only speculation, and therefore full treatment with a reliable guarantee are not yet available.
It is important to remember that even if prostheses conduct additional fluoride and prevent deterioration. After all, under the bridge defect can continue to grow.
Wondering whether to treat such disease, it should be understood that it is dangerous and severe damage to the enamel, as well as increased loads on the tooth, it can completely break down.
Features of treatment of wedge-shaped defect that affected area difficult for the sealing. In the treatment could cause severe pain. If you have to get a filling or a veneer, the doctor must warn that they could go soon after to fix a design is virtually impossible. In addition, this constant stress on the tooth and the filling contributes to the fact that she’d squeezed out of the cavity.
To ensure that the construction lasted longer, the doctor there is something you need to take:
- To make the enamel notches, which better fix the seal.
- Using special material, often is a liquid form of high flexibility.
- The procedure was escorted a good drying the desired area. Indeed, any saliva or moisture content contribute to bad securing of the seal and its early loss.
In addition to medications you can try and folk remedies to get rid of wedge-shaped defect. We will describe a few simple recipes:
- Tincture of propolis on alcohol diluted in warm water. This solution to rinse your mouth after each meal.
- In the diet should appear the seaweed salad, parsley, sage, Basil, with the addition of iodized salt and olive oil.
- Seashells with pearl surface is cleaned from sand and mud, dried and crushed. This powder is applied to the surface of the teeth and do not rinse.
- The leaves of lemon also strengthen the gums.
- Horseradish has a healing effect in General on the oral cavity.
- For wiping gums, it is useful to use honey with ground cinnamon.
As for treatment and prevention you should add to your diet foods that contain a lot of calcium and fluorine. Calcium easier, is found in all dairy products. To the fluorine-containing food include seafood, good wine, a chicken breast and liver, beans, bananas, apples, buckwheat, green and black tea, citrus, honey and walnuts.
Video: blog dentist — what is a sphenoid defect.
To avoid the appearance of wedge-shaped defect, and many other diseases of teeth and gums, you need to follow dental recommendations:
- To properly brush your teeth – the movement should be only vertical or krugovichi. Brush with a pick or with soft or medium hardness bristles. Teeth brushing should occur twice a day, and rinsing you do after each meal.
- Toothpaste is chosen is of good quality and with a high content of fluoride and calcium.
- Food also try to eat rich in calcium, fluorine and other minerals.
- Try to eliminate acidic foods or keep them in your mouth too long. For example, drinking juice through a straw.
- Get rid of bad habits, such as teeth to crack nuts, rip thread, and so Eliminate the possibility of mechanical damage to gums or tooth enamel.
- Time to adjust the bite of a child with braces or plates.
Dentist was diagnosed with wedge-shaped defect. Interestingly, I did not immediately noticed this problem. After all, there was no pain. And then I saw that is completely «off» the gum from the tooth and bare his neck. At the clinic I made fluoridation, but the procedure is not pleasant. Yes, and the treatment as such did not happen, because the gums in place did not. Just what the doctor covered with a special solution to the tooth, so that it is not damaged inside.
In my case I can say that the reason was the record for the correction of the teeth. My mom did not like the fact that they are a little crooked and the smile is not perfect. As a result, I wore plates for many years. And when they were removed, I noticed that the gums almost all «peeled» and now I’m flying wedge-shaped defect. It would be better with crooked teeth went!
My doctor recommended me to these teeth to be filled, but they often fly out. There are two times a year to set them again. Considering the price, it is a bit expensive, and the time is decent. And therefore decided on the most damaged teeth to put crowns.
► Toothache after treatment wedge-shaped defect – what to do?
After sealing the tooth ache should not or these feelings pass in a few days and are the easiest response to intervention. If the pain is severe and constant, it is better to turn again to the dentist to have it checked to see if any additional disease. In rare cases, there may be necrotization pulp under seal.
► Code for ICD-10
In the international classification of disease codes – К03.1. He refers to other diseases of hard tissues, and is a kind of soshlifovyvaniye of teeth.