What are dentures: types, best
After tooth extraction there are often uncomfortable feelings in the form of poor chewing of food, speech impediments and aesthetic inconvenience. In this regard, the question arises how to fill a tooth defect? There are two variant of prosthetics: fixed and removable. Each option has its pros and cons. Undoubtedly, functionality is a preference for implants and fixed prosthetics. You can mark dentures, when a support for a prosthetic implant acts. The prosthesis on implants is important and the current approach to the treatment of the complete absence of dentition (edentulous). On the background of a wide range of services offered by an orthopedist, it is important to understand how to preserve the aesthetics of the face, function of teeth in eating (biting, chewing), to choose the optimal pricing policy in restoration.
The classification of the prosthetics for the mouth
What kind of dentures is better to put? There are two basic version of the prosthesis:
- Not removable.
Dental prosthetics market consists of the range of the prosthetics: prosthetics on implants, single crown, bridge, micro prosthetics, conditionally removable, partially removable, full dentures, veneers, Lumineers, inlays, adhesive bridges. And of course, there are questions about what orthopaedic prostheses better. Let us understand in order.
Talk to start about the name and purpose. A removable prosthesis is capable of removing the patient’s mouth. Fixed orthopedic constructions, respectively, to remove themselves fail. Functional orientation of both versions of the prosthesis to restore partial and complete defects of the dentition. Given modern technology it is now possible to change the tactics of treatment using full dentures with the transition to the partially-removable. Allocate special stages of prosthetics on implants. And removable dentures for teeth in this case can perform two functions:
- Permanent partially-removable prosthesis with additional fixation with use of the implant.
- Temporary partially-removable prosthesis that covers the tooth defect after extraction and performs its function all the surgical and orthopedic stages;
Now about the warranty. Each designs produce optimal service life. Often a patient is decided in favor of the prostheses whose costs he can afford and the service life is optimal. What type of prosthesis should choose a doctor?
The orthopedic surgeon must consider indications and contraindications, and not to go on about the patient. In the course of treatment, and the doctor and the patient have to find a consensus on what kind of prosthesis is better.
Regarding the classification of the look. Types of removable and non-removable structures differ: the method of attachment, execution functional purpose, the improvement of the external perception, production material, which is used for fixing. The choice of a particular design due to the individual clinical situation. A removable denture is easier to remove compared with non removable. But it has its drawbacks. So let’s move on to the characteristics of given types of prostheses.
Advantages and disadvantages
Better teeth nothing. And because it is necessary to understand what the best dentures are those that meet the requirements of both the patient and physician. Respectively, and distinguish the advantages and disadvantages:
- Removable prosthesis a kind of universal prosthetic design. Easily removed and installed in the mouth by the patient. The downside is that this prosthesis cannot provide tight contact between the structure and the sky. On the background of the presence of the gap between these structures is the ingress of food particles over time. As well as for long-term wear occurs a physiological deformity of the mucous membrane of the palate, thus reducing the area of contact is accurate.
- The prosthetic teeth are not removable destination are strong and perfectly able to get a lock on the teeth perform their functions for a long time. These advantages are feasible, provided that the orthopedic design made of modern materials, using high-precision equipment requires dentist and dental technician a high level of professionalism. As a consequence, increase the cost of the prosthetics.
These types of prostheses of either destination have a common drawback, in view of the fact that limited in term of effective work. If we consider not removable dentures, then eventually there is a recession (falling) level of the gums and, accordingly, laid bare the root, which leads over time to destructive processes in the form of caries, its complications and diseases of periodontal tissues. Parodont – a complex of tissues within the tooth. As for removable structures. Under the removable dentures with the passage of time occurs atrophy (flattening) of the sky and further operation is recommended after the relocation (layering heated plastic in the place of increased separation). This does not apply when nylon prostheses.
Based on this information, you have to pre-say that the efficiency of fixed prosthetics.
Options removable structures
On reception at the dentist after a survey, inspection specialist can offer different kinds of designs for replacement of defects of teeth. Prefer patient what are dentures? What is better to choose the physician based clinics, price policy, will discuss indications and contraindications. Removable dentures are inexpensive, easy to operate, and therefore the choice of many falls on them. The degree of substitution of the defect of dentition removable dentures are divided into partial-and full removable. In material, the mounting method: acrylic, nylon, clasp.
The partially-removable device
What kind of prostheses will be better in the case when the patient cannot choose not to removable dentures to fill the defect of the teeth? Use the partially-removable design. You need to have to support several teeth. Apply this kind of prosthetic with a lack of two or more teeth on one or both jaws with one or both sides. Prosthetics on implants included in the stages of preparation of the dental bed, the transition of tactics of treatment the manufacture of full denture for partially-removable. Probably a temporary (cosmetic) replacement of defects of teeth. In this embodiment, after selecting a patient removable prosthetics with support on dental implants, and tooth extraction is a single defect. Rarely possible to carry out simultaneous implantation with the establishment of the crown or rod. Often teeth are removed from the bone on the inflammatory changes. Time is needed for healing wounds. Because closure of this defect produces a removable prosthesis, which is worn in your mouth before completion of the prosthetic phase of implant procedure.
Full design good option for edentulous (complete absence of teeth). Production material: acrylic, nylon.
Classification of removable structures in the correlation of the base material and attachment method
Best work dental prostheses from the medical consultations will clasp. The basic component in these dentures metal arc, to which is connected the plastic gums and ceramic crowns. An important aspect of the application is the presence of one or more of the abutment teeth. Teeth perform the supporting function and are connected to the denture with the help of special devices
Methods of attachment to the abutment teeth:
- Telescopic crowns;
- Relatively inexpensive (a little more expensive acrylic).
- Partial overlap of the prosthetic bed of the sky.
- Service life of about 5 years (average).
- Reliable fixation in the mouth, there is no need in regular taking pictures at night;
- Aesthetic considerations: in conversation can be seen retention on the abutment teeth.
- Possible metallic taste, lingering for a long time even after the cessation of wearing the prosthesis.
- If there are crowns made of alloy different from the alloy of the arc may develop galvanic syndrome;
An intermediate position is a construction made of nylon. Made of a soft plastic material without the presence of metallic elements have elasticity. Bonding is performed due to the effect of suction, it is possible to use plastic hooks. Used for partial-and full detachable application. Used in diseases of periodontal tissues (the presence of sensitive, inflamed gums).
- Term use 5_7 years.
- Adequate fixation.
- High-strength prosthesis.
- Esthetic appearance.
- The adaptation process takes place with minimal deviations, as due to the elastic structure does not cause abrasions and irritations;
- Inadequate distribution of the chewing pressure.
- The act of chewing becomes more complicated.
- Fast shrinkage, and consequently the need for correction.
- The non-use of all products that can cause staining of the plastic teeth (coffee, chocolate, alcohol, etc.).
- Hygiene is carried out with special solutions.
- The cost is almost 2 times the price for a denture;
And the last place is given to acrylic designs. This item is made of orthopedic treatment: plastic, acrylic. Acrylic dental structures are used for partial and full replacement of defects of dentition. The mount design is due to the effect of suction (full) or in addition to this, the use of clasps (special hooks fitted on the remaining teeth).
- Affordable price (from 5 thousand roubles on one jaw).
- Ease of use;
- Short warranty period (up to 4 years).
- Adaptation of the mucosa of the oral cavity at the site of contact occurs with symptoms of redness and inflammation.
- Is the closure of the entire sky, reducing the area of perception of the taste receptors, thus, taste sensitivity is reduced.
- Should be removed at night.
- In the absence of moisture, the plastic shrinks.
- Difficulty in chewing and swallowing;
So, we’ll examine briefly the main characteristics and purpose of showing what are dentures. Now determine which one is better to put. We discussed ways of fastening, material production, talked about the advantages and disadvantages.
From this we can note that what prostheses will be better in the end decide the patient. From the podiatrist it is important to advise on possible shortcomings. Also recommended to test for Allergy to the base of the denture, to prevent reaction on the part of the body. But it is also important to consider the presence of dissimilar metals in the selection of clasp dental prosthesis, if necessary, to replace the crowns.
Of the best dentures are in such a situation, in which the patient will hold the following: aesthetics, functional part, price. And finally I would like to say that certainly the best way to replacement of defects is the implantation. At impossibility of the stages of the procedure it is recommended a removable prosthesis. In the case of the lack of the ability to hold a removable dental intervention.