What can you eat after removal of wisdom teeth: when you can
Under extirpation to distinguish an operation to remove a tooth with its root, so when carrying out this intervention in many patients, the question may arise that how can you eat after removal of wisdom teeth. The emergence of «the eight», so prorezalsya dentists call a wisdom tooth, it may entail some trouble. We offer you to familiarize with the information about when necessary to remove such a tooth, which is assigned to the food after dental intervention, and what might be the consequences of failure to follow the diet.
To removal of wisdom teeth
A wisdom tooth is nothing like an ordinary tooth, which doesn’t have a place at the top or bottom row. At vertical line dividing the teeth into two halves, the emergence of wisdom teeth will be the eighth in a row. That’s why dentists have referred to them this way.
The eruption begins usually not earlier than 18 years, and if to 27 years so you are not able to get dental «thing», then most likely it’s not going to happen, because it depends on many factors. Wisdom teeth are considered vestigial, i.e. the part of the body that has lost its purpose in the course of human evolution. In the normal eruption and no apparent reason for the removal in his appearance there is nothing to worry. On the contrary, in the elderly it can be useful for chewing function or setting pillars for a bridge prosthesis.
But even with all the positive aspects there are situations when the removal of wisdom teeth is inevitable. Here are the reasons:
- There is a partial eruption of the right place in the jaw. In this process it is possible to damage other adjacent teeth, or partial in their pushes.
- After the appearance of «g» a person has seen the pain in this area, there is pain when swallowing or headaches.
- Caries of the wisdom tooth. The fact that it is difficult to cure due to frequent anatomically incorrect structure of the tooth, or a tight fit to the adjacent tooth. Therefore, doctors in most cases take the decision to delete.
- The gum is observed in inflammation or reddening due to the partial eruption.
- In the lower part of the jaw cyst is detected.
- The tooth is displaced towards the gums or tongue and there is a risk of damage to the mucosa with subsequent malignancy this damaged region.
If the doctor took the decision to remove a wisdom tooth, then it’s going to happen. No need to regret the loss and try to implement all the recommendations of the dentist after resection, including adherence to proper nutrition.
Proper nutrition after surgery
For many diseases and surgical procedures doctors recommend to follow a proper diet to speed up recovery and no complications in the rehabilitation period.
The removal of wisdom teeth is considered a mini-operation. Because in this process there is damage to the soft tissue with the formation of the open wound. At this time it is especially important to follow the doctor’s recommendations and stick to a certain diet.
The basic rules associated with eating after wisdom tooth removed is as follows:
- Immediately after resection should refrain from consuming food or water during the first 2 hours. This is due to the fact that in this period of time in the hole is the formation of a blood clot which will prevent bleeding and leakage of food particles into the wound further.
- After 2 hours you can eat in the form of light. For this purpose, we fit yogurt, liquid porridge at room temperature or soup. Not recommended the use of too hot or cold dishes. Sudden changes in temperature can contribute to the destruction of a blood clot and opening the bleeding with possible ingress of infection on the wound surface.
- In the next few days after the removal of the need to monitor the consumption of food. The food temperature must still be comfortable and not cause discomfort. Food should be soft, viscous or liquid, so as not to injure healing well.
- If you want the process of chewing food, it is best to do it on the healthy side, to avoid accidental injury to the already damaged hole.
- Also it is necessary after each meal to rinse your mouth with warm water. It is necessary for the complete removal of solid particles from the mouth and promote healing of the wound.
- If you have a weakened immune system, for dental intervention and education open wound with penetration of pathogenic bacteria. Especially when you consider that in the oral cavity they present a big set, and their activity is neutralized by the activity of the salivary glands. Consume multivitamins in liquid form, make purees from fresh fruit and drink plenty of fruit compotes and fresh juices. So you will be able to saturate the body with essential elements and vitamins and thus help in strengthening the immune system.
Also in this period, it is best to eat a fractional, small portions. So you can reduce undue strain and to prevent discomfort in the field of remote tooth.
What foods allowed to eat
After enduring as much time as you can’t eat after removal of wisdom teeth, you can begin to gradually filling the body with nutrients. To this end, in the postoperative period can eat the following products:
- any cereal or viscous liquid consistency;
- the soups on meat or vegetable broth;
- shredded on a grater or blend vegetables or fruit;
- eggs, best the yolk;
- mashed potatoes and vegetable stew;
- yogurt, milk and dairy products;
- other light mousses and soft desserts;
- compotes, juices and tea.
After 3-4 days you can gradually introduce in the diet of steamed meatballs, steamed vegetables, fish or pasta.
Possible complications failure to follow the diet
After removal of wisdom teeth the first time the person will experience pain in the damaged area and swelling on the gums. Such phenomena are inevitable and are associated with traumatization of soft tissue during surgery. It will last for a few days, after which symptoms disappear, subject to the General recommendations.
Sometimes, depending on immune status and other predisposing factors, mainly that the patient adheres to these tips, can occur complications such as:
- The inflammatory process in the gums.
- Began re-bleeding, which may be aggravated by the penetration of infection through the blood.
- Emerging flux. This inflammation of the periosteum with purulent character.
- Loss of sensitivity in the area of surgical intervention.
- Stomatitis of different types.
- Alveolitis. It’s post-traumatic infection of the unhealed hole.
With the appearance of alarming symptoms, you must immediately consult a doctor. After all, many a case may end up extremely unfavorable.
What to eat is prohibited
After the operation, in addition to knowledge that you can eat, you need to know that this period is strictly prohibited. First and foremost, proper nutrition after a tooth extraction should be excluded from large solid pieces, which can damage the wound surface. Also, the healing period, should refrain from such foods:
- Spicy and salty. This food has a irritation on the damaged soft tissue of the gums and cause further complications.
- Sodas. This includes any of the liquid from the bottle, because when suction creates a vacuum, which may cause displacement of the blood clot and open bleeding. Also for this reason, it is not recommended to drink the liquid from the tube.
- Sweet food. It can cause growth and reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms.
Many people who have undergone the removal of wisdom teeth, the question may arise whether it is possible to drink alcoholic beverages. The answer in this case is unequivocal – no. This is due to the fact that after resection doctors in many cases prescribe antibiotics to prevent development of the inflammatory process, as is well known, taking antibiotics and drinking alcohol together is unacceptable. Alcohol can expand blood vessels, which could result in resumption of bleeding.
Even the beer in this situation is not recommended. They contain brewer’s yeast, which falling on the wound surface, begin to multiply rapidly and become a source of infection.
Advice to the patient after removal of wisdom teeth
After hysterectomy there are a number of important tips, compliance with which will avoid possible adverse situations and help in quick healing and regeneration of damaged tissues of the oral mucosa.
This could include such recommendations:
- To prevent the development of inflammation and open the bleeding can not be warm cheek, warm compresses, walk in bath and sauna, and hot tubs.
- In the early days to carry out hygienic measures in cleaning the teeth need very carefully, not touching the wound area. Need to abandon the mouthwashes for the oral cavity.
- To heal teeth after hysterectomy is possible not earlier than in a week, and in complicated cases, longer. The fact is that in the treatment of carious cavities can occur the spread of pathogens in the wound and as a consequence, to begin the inflammatory process.
- Lovers spit is also temporarily forget about this bad habit. Before you slap the person collecting the saliva, creates an artificial pressure that can displace the blood clot.
- To refrain from Smoking should be at least 2 days. In cigarettes contain harmful chemicals that not only destroy the enamel of the teeth, but also may dissolve the blood clot and lead to bleeding, open wound.
- To ease pain you can apply cold to the cheek. This is a compress of gauze and ice cubes. It is applied for 5 minutes 3-4 times with a break of the same duration. Such actions will help to analyzyrovat the painful areas and relieve swelling of the soft tissues of the face.
- Not poking around in the hole a toothpick or touch the damaged area with language.
Learn about how and when can I eat after removal of wisdom teeth, need to be mindful of these recommendations. After all, with proper nutrition the risk of complications can be significantly reduced and soft tissue regeneration occurs without noticeable discomfort.