What crowns it is better to put on the chewing and the front teeth?
The question of which crown is better to put on the chewing and the front teeth is very important, because the construction material has to withstand all the loads for a long time and does not deteriorate.
To approach the choice consciously and guided by a dentist. We will tell you about the types of crowns and their features to help determine the best material.
Types of crowns
Production of crowns based on different materials, on request of the patient and on the doctor’s recommendation. Dentist justifies your choice depending on where the tooth is located. Use the following list of materials:
- plastic constant — compared to other crowns, they are very affordable, however, when heated, plastic releases harmful substances. These crowns fit only for temporary use, while they will produce a copy of the tooth of suitable material;
- for metal crowns choose chrome, gold, Nickel, palladium. All of these metals are not susceptible to wear, so less to break. Drawback – noticeable tint, some is aesthetically unacceptable;
- composite look just like natural enamel, but their defense gradually erased with the hygiene of the mouth and when chewing;
- porcelain crowns as close as possible to the appearance of human teeth, but (unlike the previous material) is not as durable. From porcelain material for artificial teeth recommend to put in the front. Because of the lashing they will be durable and will not crumble;
- porcelain to metal crowns are durable, which is ensured by a double frame. It is made from metal, covering the top with porcelain. Even if the crack is not generated the risk of injury to a natural tooth. The downside is the fact nepremicnine light with a combination of gold with porcelain, so porcelain is often used with zircon;
- metal — as in the previous case, the basis is a metal alloy covered with ceramics. Increases strength, aesthetically my teeth look better, as as close to natural color of the enamel. However, for the rear ranks to select the best combination of porcelain with metal;
- ceramic crowns without metal enough light and shade blend with natural enamel. Serve these teeth for several years, and then need to change them. Before change is required in the event of cracks;
- the Zirconia alloy is the most popular material recommended by dentists. The advantages of it enough is the ability to vary the color and size, you do not need much to grind tooth, the alloy is durable, similar to the natural surface. As it is not used other metal, and it is not rejected by the body. Allergic reactions to the alloy either.
Permanent crowns are always made on the basis of a metal frame, and then cover them with either ceramic or porcelain.
What better to put crowns on molars?
Chewing teeth more susceptible to tooth decay and collapse. On them and have the biggest load, so use to reconstruct them more often than others. The crown in this area must be able to withstand all efforts, therefore, for permanent teeth choose very durable materials.
The choice will depend also on how strong the Foundation of natural teeth. If not only the root but also the walls are in good condition, suitable metal material. In the back of the jaw they will not be visible, so aesthetically worthless. The dentist will recommend them and with such features as pathological abrasion.
If chewing teeth are visible while talking, you need to take into account the aesthetic component. In such cases it is recommended to choose crowns made of zirconium dioxide. Although the price of the design will be quite high.
Metal and plastic are much cheaper than the previous version, but both are delicate materials. For long service, they are not adapted. Metal or even solid ceramic is much better, as they can withstand the load. But note that will change the bite. When hit too hard objects there is a risk of this tooth is chipped or cracked.
It is best to heed the advice of the dentist and to compare the recommended material with its own financial resources.
The best crowns for front teeth
Breaking tooth or thinning there is a need to install crowns on front teeth. It is very important to take into account the aesthetic component in choosing a particular material, since a smile is visible to everyone and she was a natural.
Often dentists recommend the front part of the jaw to set crowns from Zirconia. Why this crystal, not metal base? Zirconium dioxide has a number of advantages:
- Natural look.
- Transmits light to the natural teeth.
- In the process of operation does not change the color and shape.
- Hypoallergenic material.
- This material is biocompatible, in contrast to metals.
- Just to give shape.
Put on front teeth can be porcelain fused to metal, fit, and molded ceramics. Best in this case is the cost, which are lower order of magnitude when compared with Zirconia.
Aesthetics, reasonable cost, lack of Allergy to some metals and duration of exploitation, these factors need to be considered when selecting a suitable material for future crowns.
The service life of products
The lifetime of crowns is affected by the quality of the care for natural teeth. It is considered that as the product is capable of for 10 years. But this period depends not only on the form of crowns, but also from individual characteristics of the organism. Change before the deadline indicated above, the artificial teeth will have frequent inflammatory processes in the body.
Design a standard guarantee from the clinic that lasts 1 year. During this period, the patient may receive a free service, i.e. to reconstruct the crown and redo them if necessary.
The manufacturer of the materials sets its service life. Usually he is the right period of time the suitability of the design. But this is true only in case of compliance with operating rules that comply with the patient and zubotekhnik setting crowns.
Depends on the period of service and on what material was chosen for construction. Working lives of the crowns the following:
- ceramic and porcelain – 10 years;
- gold – 15 years;
- metal – 10 years;
- PVC – 10 years;
- plastic and acrylic plastic – 5 years;
- the Zirconia – 15 years;
- ceramics – 6-7 years;
- medical steel – 15 years.
Long service life stainless steel and gold have only in the absence of internal abnormalities that accelerate the speed of erasing the artificial teeth. Last design is capable of and beyond her time if picked up individually, made of quality material and regularly cared for her.
Video: what to choose — implants or crowns?
For a long time I suffered with my tooth. He front, yellowed and birth too sticks, bringing a lot of inconvenience. I almost didn’t smile to the installation of the tooth Zirconia! The doctor advised this material, as it is strong and very similar in shade to healthy teeth. There were several fittings, my tooth heavily ground off, but what was the result! I now have straight smile and all systems gone! I had, of course, to spend money, but the crown made of Zirconia is really high quality!
Established metal-ceramic crown. I want to say that her tone is still different from the natural color of teeth, very white. But if you regularly do a professional cleaning, it will not be noticeable. A huge minus of crowns, which can be noted after a year of wear is a strong breath. It is better to buy the oral irrigator to advance got under them to remove food, but still have to rinse your mouth after meals. Now looking for another solution, too troublesome with them.
I have ceramic crowns. Had to forget about any solid food, as it can easily be damaged. I did not like the installation process. Pictures, sealing, inspection of the adjacent teeth, turning, fitting. Yes, it’s all you need to do to get good results, but a few days have to go with grinded teeth. The oral hygiene I regular, so maybe not such a downside, like bad breath.
► Which is better: a crown or a building-up teeth?
Increasing the tooth is suitable for small damage. In fact, this method of sealing, because it is applied after cleansing dental tissue from decay. The crown is also worn often on the tooth, already deprived of the nerve. The setting of the crown on a live tooth, but only in extreme necessity (often as a pillar of the bridge).
In this case, it is impossible to say which of the methods is better, because they differ in their main objectives. The crown is designed to protect the tooth tissue from the fracture as it becomes brittle after removing the nerve. The increase only makes up for a healthy tooth to have served even longer.
► Implant or crown?
Implant crowns are preferable, because it has a number of advantages: serves for life, no need to limit intake of solid food, dark bands from the edge of the gums is not formed, the tooth grinding is not necessary, the lack of odor from the food that fall under the crown. The stumbling block is only the cost. The crown is much more affordable than implant.
► Pin or crown?
Pin set, if the base of the tooth is intact or it can be cured. In this case, after the installation of the pin to increase the external crown. This design is durable and sustainable. The pins are preferable to crowns due to the fact that in the latter case, it begins the process of withering away of the tooth after 2-3 years, because before installing the nerve is removed. In each case, the doctor will suggest what will suit the person based on the characteristics of the tooth, its integrity and the wishes of patients.