What helps Ketanov?
Many have heard about this means as Ketanov, but what it helps do not know everything. So, caution is an analgesic with anti-inflammatory and slight antipyretic activity.
In this article we are going to talk in detail about this drug and give instructions for its use.
Ketanov for toothache
Patients suffering from pain in his teeth, wondering what this means and why it is needed in the context of problems with the oral cavity.
Thanks to the ability to suppress a strong and sharp pain Ketanov great for fighting with them, its efficiency also allows us to deal with the sharp pain caused by sudden inflammation.
The strong effect of the drug allows to overcome the pain from such diseases as, for example, pulpitis. Who faced with this problem, who knows how strong this case pain.
Important! In chronic diseases of the teeth, use caution not recommended. The fact that its effectiveness in this case is significantly reduced, and too frequent use can be harmful to the body.
To combat toothache, caution must be taken in tablets, as capsules it is taken intravenously and some for other purposes.
Price: 32P (Russia), from 32грн (Ukraine).
In terms of cost and efficiency, in pharmacies, it is almost impossible to find an adequate counterpart. With all this, Ketanov as effectively to cope with a headache, but to abuse them in any way is not worth it.
The composition and the effect on the body
► What is?
- Ketorolac trometamin — the main component, it has a bright and powerful analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, affects the enzymes in the body thus helping to eliminate the pain;
- microcellulose (MCC);
- corn starch;
- silicon dioxide;
The composition may vary depending on the form of preparation.
► When it begins to act?
This happens very quickly. Of course, the start time of active action may depend on the degree of pain and their source, but on average, the drug completely relieves pain already after 25-30 minutes after taking it.
Tooth pain makes itself known during 6-7 hours of receipt of funds. This is enough time to visit the dentist and begin treatment of the problem tooth. Ketanov should not take more than 4 times a day, but 2 times already give a significant strain on the body.
A big plus is that it does not cause drowsiness, not dulls the senses. Through this action it can take, while at work or school, it is not recommended after taking the drug to get behind the wheel of a car.
How to take Ketanov?
Instructions for use are fairly simple. To effectively and correctly use this tool, you must adhere to the following guidelines:
- It is recommended to take one (one standard tablet once for 6-7 hours).
- The maximum daily dose is 40 mg or 4 tablets.
- Re-adoption of the drug is highly undesirable, it is recommended only in extremely severe pain.
- The duration of treatment should not exceed 5 days.
- People older than 65 years, the tool recommended to take no more than 3 times a day.
- Other nuances and ways of receiving the funds necessary to discuss with your dentist.
We should also talk about this drug in the form for injection, in this form it is rarely used for toothache, but if necessary, it is necessary to know some rules of use. Ketanov solution is injected intramuscularly, not more than 90 mg a day, and for the elderly – not more than 60 mg/day.
Important! Overdose accompanied by nausea, vomiting, problems with digestion, kidney failure. If you have problems after excessive use of the drug, it is necessary to wash out the stomach, to drink activated charcoal and consult a doctor.
Means, because of their quite strong, has many side effects, which can be divided into the following groups:
- Digestive system — patients who have problems with the esophagus may suffer from diarrhea or gastralgia, rarely may appear vomiting, stomatitis, constipation. Rarely have the vomiting, and ulcerative lesions of the gastric mucosa, acute pancreatitis, heartburn.
- The senses can rarely take place ringing in the ears, poor hearing and vision.
- The respiratory system can occur laryngeal edema or bronchospasm (also quite rare).
- Urinary tract — frequent urination, low or high volume of urine, acute renal failure, back pain, hemolytic uremic syndrome.
- Central nervous system — headache, drowsiness and dizziness. Rarely meningitis or increased activity, psychosis and hallucinations.
- Can be side effects such as:
— high blood pressure;
— skin rash, dermatitis, peeling skin, hives.
The frequency of side effects is defined as follows: over 3% — often; 1 to 3% — the average frequency; less than 1% is rare.
In connection with the presence in the composition of a number of powerful components Ketanov has serious contraindications that should be strictly followed:
- hypersensitivity to the main component of the current – ketorola;
- ulcerative diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- liver or kidney failure;
- not recommended for children under 16;
- prohibited before or during surgical operations;
- «aspirin asthma», hypovolemia, dehydration, bronchospasm;
- alcohol — alcohol along with Katanova significantly inhibits the reaction, negatively affects the liver.
With great care and caution the drug should be taken in the presence of such diseases as: bronchial asthma, cholecystitis, heart failure (chronic), hepatitis, sepsis, polyps in the nasopharynx and the nasal mucosa, impaired renal function. Before use, be sure to consult with your doctor.
Compatibility with other drugs is pretty good, but, for example, taking anticoagulants increases the risk of bleeding, and the administration together with antibiotics can damage kidney function.
Video: Ketanov for toothache
How many times a day can drink?
During the day, caution you to take no more than 4 times, or 40 mg (4 tablets). For people older than 65 years, the dosage should be reduced to 30 mg/day.
Which is better: Ketorol or Ketanov?
This drugs is a pharmaceutical group, on this basis to say what is more difficult. But when a toothache still better be the last. The fact that Ketanov works well against inflammation, which are a common symptom of dental disease.
Can I take while breastfeeding?
No, during pregnancy and lactation, caution make absolutely contraindicated.
Differences Ketanov from ketonala?
The latter has a bright anti-inflammatory effect, and the first very strong pain medication, although the drugs are quite similar to each other.