What is dangerous flux: consequences and complications of the flux
Periostitis is an inflammatory process localized in the periosteum, so in addition to some of the questions, the dangerous flux, you need to understand that this condition requires immediate treatment to the dentist.
Flux: basic concepts and features
Two concepts of flux and periostitis carry the same meaning, but only the first word is most often used colloquially, and the latter is more formal and is present in the scientific literature. Inflammation of the periosteum (surrounds bone and consists of connective tissue) can be localized in two places:
- lower jaw;
- upper jaw.
Depending on the nature of the flow distinguish abscess and acute purulent. It usually starts in the periosteum, and then rushes inside.
The etiology of the flux is often based on neglected dental problems or poor quality of medical services in this area. The main cause of the disease is progressive decay. You can also select other predisposing factors:
- sore throat;
- soft tissue damage from further infection;
- tooth extraction with infection;
- venereal disease (syphilis);
- the effect of allergic reactions, etc.
The clinical manifestation of the flux may vary slightly depending on which jaw is affected. So here one can distinguish the following symptoms:
- Upper jaw:
- the pain in the cheeks, localized on one side;
- the increase in body temperature;
- seal and swelling of the gums;
- pain in the upper teeth and in my temples;
- the change of facial contours;
- pus from the gums.
- Lower jaw:
- swelling of the lower lip;
- swelling of the chin;
- refusal of food and conversation;
- increased pain in the affected tooth;
- swollen lymph nodes;
- symptoms of intoxication.
These signs are reason to put off visiting the doctor. The medical establishment will be inspected, diagnosed and prescribed appropriate treatment.
Dangerous than the disease
Any disease with late diagnosis and no treatment is fraught with various complications. It is no secret that purulent contents in the oral cavity is an ideal condition for the growth of pathogenic bacteria. Long flowing lose with a primary purulent melting entails further problems. The most common and the most harmless consequence is tooth loss. In addition, there are other complications of flux, the occurrence of which may threaten life and health of a person.
This is a common complication resulting from an inflammatory process. The abscess is a cavity composed of dense tissue and purulent content. In the early development of this disease may experience such symptoms:
- when pressing on the gum or in the area of the tooth, causing severe pain, which people sometimes suffer not;
- the face is asymmetrical;
- in the affected area there is swelling, induration and hyperemia of soft tissues;
- body temperature rises;
- there is weakness and loss of appetite;
- the dream is broken.
At the break out of purulent exudate, the patient’s condition somewhat improved. The temperature returned to normal, the pain goes away and the swelling subsides. In this case, however, as they say, early to rejoice. Abscess does not go away on their own, and can take a chronic form, which will always be present symptoms of General intoxication, and your breath will smell putrid odor. It is very important to consult a doctor in time, because in the initial stages it is possible to manage conservative methods of therapy, in severe cases need surgical intervention.
Cellulitis is not only a consequence of the flux, but also the complication of abscess. This condition is very dangerous and it can lead to death. In its development not observed any masses, this is its difference from the abscess. If seals are there, which means that there is no barrier that prevents the spread of purulent content in the body. In the situation of the abscess, the pus freely beyond the limits of your tank and becomes a source of lesions of other organs.
The clinical picture is severe, and carries these symptoms:
- the body temperature rises to 40C;
- the patient has difficulty breathing;
- no ability to move my jaw to eat or talk;
- the sweating increases.
Phlegmon occurs rapidly, while healthy tissue is exposed to a quick attack. Treatment is surgical with removal of pus from the tissues. If you ignore this problem develops sepsis and then death.
In Greek, this disease means «rotting». This complication very heavy, characterized by a progressive course. Because of the breakout of pus in the bloodstream, is very strong defeat, which the immune system is not able to cope.
When such a complication of the clinical picture pronounced, and there are such symptoms:
- severe weakness and loss of appetite;
- fever occurs with chills;
- palpitation of the heart;
- lowering blood pressure;
- shortness of breath.
The lack of attention to the problem leads to multiple lesions of organs and systems. Developing respiratory, cardiac, renal failure. The prognosis depends on the time of the treatment. The sooner the treatment, the less risk to life.
Cavernous sinus thrombosis
This is a very rare complications and are diagnosed only 0.5% of all cases of inflammatory diseases. In this pathology is the closure of the lumen thrombus of the cavernous sinus, which is located in the base of the skull. The cavernous sinus intracranial regulates blood circulation and is responsible for the venous outflow from the brain and the eye sockets. It is therefore not surprising that such a state poses a risk to human life.
To recognize the violation is difficult because the clinical manifestation has erased symptoms. You can still distinguish a few signs:
- the emergence of severe headaches;
- she is confused, possible loss of it;
- nausea with vomiting;
- sharp hyperthermia up to high levels;
- the occurrence of pain in the neck at the time of bending it forward;
- falling into a coma,
- signs of exophthalmos (eyeball bulging forward, or shifted to);
- the eyelids are swollen;
- decreases the sensitivity of the person;
- possible vision loss.
This disease is difficult to treat. According to statistics, in most cases, either death occurs or the person remains disabled.
In the inflammatory process in the periosteum may be affected and paranasal sinuses. This disease is quite common, so doctors are familiar with it firsthand. Marvel at maybe one or two sinus and more. Depending on the shape of the flow, to recognize the disease one of the following:
|A mild form.||
|The average form.||
|A severe form.||
You can also highlight the common symptoms that you should pay attention to:
- disorder of olfactory function;
- shortness of breath due to edema and hyperplasia of the mucous membrane of the nose;
- headache, lokalizirutesa in the fronto-temporal division and increasing when tilting the head.
Such clinical manifestation can occur up to 8 weeks in acute process, then we can speak about the chronic form.
This is one of the forms of cellulitis associated with putrid-necrotic lesions of the floor of the mouth. In this inflammatory process occurs muscle necrosis without the formation of purulent content. To recognize this complication is possible on such symptoms:
- felt dense solid tumor;
- the patient is difficult to swallow (dysphagia);
- temperature rises to 38C;
- swelling in the neck;
- with the movement of your tongue the pain;
- a raised tongue;
- hoarse voice;
- putrid smell from the mouth;
- hyperemia of the skin over the inflammatory focus;
- the growing symptoms of intoxication.
Treatment should be started immediately, because this condition not only threatens health, but also human life. By the end of the week, the decomposition products will cause severe intoxication, cardiac activity will slow down, and eventually will come death.
Osteomyelitis of the jaw
In this condition there is purulent inflammation of the structural components of the jaw bone. During infection of the bone tissue are destructive changes, and osteomyelitis of the mandible is much more common than the top. For this type of pathology characterized by their signs, namely:
- weakness and weakness;
- the fever with chills;
- mobility of teeth;
- the mouth opens not completely;
- pain when talking;
- eating difficult;
- sleep disturbance;
- dysphagia (pain when swallowing);
- from the gums is pus;
- putrid smell from the mouth;
- diffuse pain radiating to the eye socket, ear and temple;
- inflammatory infiltration of soft tissues;
- shortness of breath.
With timely diagnosis and treatment prognosis is favorable, if the therapy are not available, possible complications such as meningitis, abscess of brain, etc.
To prevent the development of any disease and complications on the background it is very important to take care of their health and avoiding precipitating factors. In this case, it is sufficient to adhere to your doctor’s advice, and General rules of life. Prevention of illness is the adherence to such recommendations:
- Daily hygiene with brushing at least 2 times a day — morning and evening. If it is possible to rinse the mouth after every meal:
- Regularly visit your doctor to check your mouth at least twice a year;
- In the presence of carious lesions need to immediately begin treatment of the tooth to prevent further aggravation of the process;
- Eat foods rich in vitamins, especially fruits and vegetables;
- Any inflammatory disease should immediately recover valid methods.
- To get rid of bad habits Smoking, alcohol abuse, substance abuse and addiction.
As you can see the effects of flux is even more serious. One running process triggers another and so on up the chain, eventually it could all lead to death or severe health problems. It is important to treat all inflammatory processes, and most importantly to avoid serious carious lesions, which in most cases provoke the abscess. In any case be self-medicate, as this can aggravate the course of disease. Therapy is conducted under the supervision of a doctor with appointment necessary preparations. The only way to prevent the development of complications.