What to do if the flux on the gums: symptoms, signs, treatment
The main reason for the occurrence of purulent-inflammatory processes of maxillofacial area is a late appeal to the doctor. Experience shows that patients are very afraid of dental pain, but even more afraid of dentists. And if any complaints are willing to endure to the last, crossing the threshold of the clinic at the stage of complications. In this article we will look at what the flux, and what is periostitis. Is there a difference between these concepts? Analyze in detail the main signs of inflammation. To answer the question of how to cure the flux.
The causes of flux
Essentially a periostitis indicates the same disease as the flux. The only difference is that the «abscess» is a medical term, but «flux» is used in the daily life of people, not related to the medicine a direct relationship.
Why do I get flux? The cause of the flux on the gums is of odontogenic origin and neokonchennaja.
To trigger the development of the disease may:
- exacerbation of chronic periodontitis;
- suppuration of the cyst;
- exacerbation of chronic localized or generalized periodontitis;
- alveolitis (a complication that occurs after tooth extraction);
- difficult eruption of the wisdom tooth;
- traumatic injury;
- the entry of infection due to non-compliance with the rules of aseptic and antiseptic for therapeutic, surgical procedures in the oral cavity;
- the penetration of microorganisms and their toxins from other abnormal focus of hematogenous or lymphogenous way.
A tooth abscess occurs when involvement in the inflammatory process of the periosteum of the alveolar process and body of the jaw. Important to know: it was revealed that a dental abscess often develops in people with microbial sensitization to Staphylococcus aureus. And the higher sensitization, the disease more hard proceeds.
Common symptoms of the flux, as well as their severity are directly dependent on the following factors:
- The type of inflammatory response.
- General and local resistance.
- Virulence of the microflora.
- Localization of the pathological process.
A dental abscess often occurs on the background of hypothermia, severe emotional or physical stress. The signs of the flux worn more than the elderly, as well as the presence of comorbidities (diabetes, coronary artery disease).
Patients with a diagnosis of periostitis symptoms are as follows:
- intense pain at the site of the causative tooth, it amplified even from touching it as a second language;
- severe pain in the jaw area, where he formed the flux on the gums;
- the spread of pain in the ear, temple, eye (depends on the location of inflammation);
- loss of appetite;
The appearance of flux symptoms in patients directly linked to the topography of the pathological focus.
- In the case when sources of infection are the upper teeth, swelling can upper lip.
- If the causes of flux, side cutters – swollen cheek, since the process extends to the soft tissues of the face.
- From the lateral incisors infection penetrates the sky, while in the anterior to appear the swelling of hemispherical form. Of touch language, the pain increases.
- If the flux from the fangs, swell can not only infraorbital area. The wing of the nose, bottom and even the upper eyelid is involved in the process.
- Molars contribute to the spread of microorganisms and their toxins on the tissues of the zygomatic, buccal, parotid regions. What is important: within a few days the swelling begins to go down, and it may give a false impression that the reason are the lower molars.
- From the bottom of the cutters may increase the lower lip, also there is swelling of the tissues of the chin, smoothed chin fold.
- If the cause of the flux are the canines of the lower jaw – the process involves the submandibular region.
- Lower molars lead to swelling of the cheek, parusnogo, submandibular areas. With the defeat of the masticatory muscles, there is limited mouth opening. Flux can cause loss of sensation of the lower lip due to compression of the inflammatory infiltration of the mandibular nerve. As a result of the abscess and develops regional lymphadenitis.
Emerging flux of a tooth has characteristic signs and mouth. During the examination the attending physician identifies a causal tooth, which, as a rule, destroyed. Root canals filled with putrid contents, when conducting tooling with their mouth parts can get purulent exudate. But there are cases when the channels are sealed (but not to the physiological apex), and pass them through mechanical or machine tools quite difficult. With history you can see that the tooth has previously been disturbed. Tapping on the crown painful. The mucous membrane at the site of the transition folds erythematous (red), smoothed. In the transition serous purulent in shape in the transitional fold (or in heaven) could determine the swelling of a spherical shape.
If the pathological process has spread from the lower molars, swelling may appear in the hyoid region. The language is bloated, covered with bloom, it shows the teeth marks. When the source of infection are the wisdom teeth, the process involves and the front palatal arch, pterygoid-mandibular fold. Patients complain of pain when swallowing.
If the dental abscess occurs due to periodontitis, in the area of causal tooth able to diagnose deep tooth-gingival pocket, which, in fact, serves as a gateway for infection.
If the patient revealed the flux of the cause of the inflammatory process may be associated with the previously remote tooth. During infection, the wells develops alveolitis. The absence of proper treatment, along with a reduction in General and local immunity, causes such complications, as periostitis. During palpation of the inspection hole may come out purulent exudate.
The types of fluxes is divided on the nature of the disease into acute and chronic. Acute abscess accompanied by severe clinic. Clearly visible extraoral and intraoral signs. First, the process develops according to the type of serous inflammation. In the absence of treatment, the appearance of purulent content in the area of the periosteum. Suppurative periostitis is particularly hazardous as it can lead to the development of an abscess, cellulitis, osteomyelitis.
Chronic forms are much less common. Often occur in young people and children. Occur when chronic acute process. Although there are cases when the disease developed without a preceding acute stage. The outward signs are more nuanced. In the mouth, the physician identifies a causal tooth, when tapped slightly painful. The mucous membrane is poorly flushed.
Specialists distinguish the following forms of chronic abscess:
- Simple. When rational treatment is possible to eliminate pathological changes in the bone tissue, the adjustment process is characterized by reversible flow.
- Ossificans. Occurs with appearance of hyperostosis. The increase in osteoid tissue is not amenable to conservative treatment.
- Rerefinery. Rezorbtivee characteristic changes in the bone structure. The reason in most cases is traumatic damage to the body of the jaw. The result is a hematoma, which later is replaced by fibers of bone tissue. There is a consolidation of the periosteum. In bones forming the source of vacuum.
In this section, we will examine how to get rid of the flux. Treatment of periostitis of the tooth aimed at identifying and eliminating the causes of inflammation, the relief of the pathological focus, the prevention of complications.
First the doctor determines that resulted in a flux. If the cause is destroyed or poorly cured tooth, the experts decide whether its preservation (in this case, it is endodontic treatment) or deletes. In the serous form to remove the flux is possible immediately after tooth extraction-the source of infection, thus to make the cut is not necessary.
If, however, the dentists decided to save the tooth, is instrumental and medicamental processing of channels. As a rule, the tooth cavity left open (for the outflow of exudate), appoint soda-salt rinse (1ch.l. soda + 1 tsp salt 200 ml water). When the positive dynamics shown temporary sealing of root canal antiseptic, calcium-containing paste. Subsequent stages of therapeutic treatment is dependent on the data of x-ray.
- If diagnosed serous abscess — treatment may include the appointment of physiotherapeutic events. Helps UHF (athermal dose), fluctuating, helium-neon laser. Because the mechanism of action of these treatments helps to remission of the inflammatory phenomena.
- How to treat the flux on the gums during the transition process in purulent form? In this case, to deal with the flux, only when the initial cause is not enough. You need to make an incision to open subperiosteal abscess. The appearance of flux treatment in any case should not include applying warming compresses. This will only aggravate the situation, provoke the emergence of serious complications.
- What to do if the abscess burst? Maybe there’s no need to go to the doctor? It is fundamentally wrong, as to undergo the abscess can. The appearance of the outflow will take a little pain, but the cause will remain and the situation without the intervention of a dentist will only worsen.
- Treatment of a flux also includes the formulation of the drainage, which is fixed in the incision made earlier for 3-4 days. But what if the flux on the sky? In this case tactics is the following: after opening the abscess, excised area of the soft tissue of triangular shape. This prevents the sticking of the edges, while providing good drainage.
- In the postoperative period to combat the flux and prescribe drug therapy which includes the use of antibiotics (Amoxiclav, Ampiox), sulfonamides, giposencibilization drugs (claritin, Tavegil), painkillers.
- The appearance of the flux on the gums, the treatment should include and rinse the mouth. This helps to remove pus from the wound, relieves the inflammatory infiltrate. Dentists prescribe solutions of potassium permanganate, sodium bicarbonate(1-2%) three times a day. It is important to know: the temperature of the solutions should be up to 40gr Celsius. Rinsing liquid at higher temperatures leads to the development of stagnant processes in the pathological focus. For antiseptic treatment, you can also prepare a concoction of medicinal herbs such as chamomile, calendula, sage.
- If the abscess has developed from the upper molars, to prevent the occurrence of symptoms of odontogenic sinusitis prescribe vasoconstrictors. It can be drops Galazolin, Naphazoline, Sanorin. Apply shown for 6 days.
How to remove the inflammatory infiltrate in chronic periodontitis? Treatment is aimed at eliminating the source of infection. Often the causative tooth must be extracted, as conservative methods are ineffective. Dental surgeon produces the excision of the diseased periosteum, removes the newly formed osteoid tissue. The wound impose seams. In the postoperative period prescribed symptomatic treatment, vitamin therapy. Electrophoresis potassium iodide is also used in the treatment of chronic periostitis.
In the article we have considered the basic causes of the disease, characterized by external and intraoral symptoms, and analyzed in detail, what to do with the flux. Summarizing all the information above, we conclude: the abscess is a serious disease requiring specialized care. Do not self-medicate! Because it can lead to the development of such life-threatening complications like osteomyelitis, cellulitis, sepsis.