When cut first teeth in infants: how many months start to grow
Young parents enjoying the toothless mouth of your little wonder with how many months of teething. Many have heard stories about how hard it is tolerated by children, with fear waiting for the inevitable moment. The first teeth in infants, when they begin to grow, proud of the parents and affection of others. In this article we will specify the approximate timing of teething in children, and what to expect when cutting the first teeth of the baby.
How many months of growing teeth in children
When children are cut first teeth, affected by external and internal factors. The process of teething in children depends on:
- from a genetic predisposition;
- the number coming from food, calcium, and fluorine;
- chemical indicators of drinking water;
- your baby’s gender (girls erupt earlier than boys);
- climatic conditions (in hot climates the process starts earlier).
Baby teeth most children begin to erupt at 6-8 months of life. Next pair of teeth appear after every 2 months. Your birthday child already has 8 teeth: four incisors at the top and bottom. But this is not an axiom. In some infants the first tooth starts to grow to the tenth month and it is not a pathology. If the employee’s child gets any teeth, it’s a reason to go to the dentist.
Schedule of teething in children are presented in the table. The order of the teething and the timing may differ.
A violation of the schedule of tooth eruption in the gap may be a consequence of stunting of the child (e.g., rickets). There is a probability, albeit very low, that the rudiments of organs are missing (edentulous). If kink is seen already in the four months, the possible disorders of the endocrine system. There are teeth in newborns, but doctors remove them so the baby didn’t hurt to breastfeed.
Often the child appears first lower incisor, and it grows on average 8.5 months. If the first came another tooth, it is not a reason for concern.
The timing of teething in children is conditional and may vary. So, normally, when starting to cut a tooth in infants 6 months or 10 months. Until what age grow teeth, also depends on individual development. Wisdom teeth can start to grow and in thirty years.
When the child reaches two years of age, has his first molars and canines. After another 6 months the second molars erupt. In three years the child has completed the formation of the dentition and it has 20 teeth. In 10-12 years in the mouth of a child 28.
To six years the child should begin the process of replacing primary teeth at the root. Because of the expansion and growth of the jaw, between the organs are formed slits (trami), which normally do not should be. These gaps are necessary because the permanent teeth take up more space, and if they don’t get it, they begin to «climb» on each other, the curvature of the bite. Simultaneously with the divergence of the teeth begins to dissolve and their roots.
What happens when the baby teeth erupt
The gums in the period when climbing teeth in the child, begins to swell and becomes red, or Vice versa, pales and thins. Under it is x-rayed the tooth. If you knock on it with a metal spoon, you can hear a distinctive sound. As a rule, grow the children’s teeth are in pairs, for example, two lower incisor appear within a few days. It happens that the baby at the same time four of his tooth. What age teething in children does not affect their quality.
Signs of teething
Schedule of teething in children is as individual as the reaction to the process. So many moms enjoying the smile of a baby, see the first white tooth and others, not sleeping at night, soothing the baby and trying to ease the pain. Teething is not always accompanied by vivid response in the body. Often report the following symptoms during the eruption of primary teeth in children:
- the child is restless, capricious;
- wakes up at night;
- deteriorating appetite;
- there is the smell of the mouth;
- increased salivation;
- child itchy gums, and he pulls in mouth hands and objects;
- cheek, the side where there is a process that looks polpuchka, it may appear red and rash.
In some cases, when cut first teeth a baby may have a fever to subfebrile, begin diarrhea or conversely constipation, a runny nose, cough. Teething lowers the immune protection of the child, so this period may cause the contamination of a viral disease. Since the baby sucking dirty fingers, toys and other inappropriate items, it may get infected and then you have to treat it from canker sore. The child has pain when teething, because they are breaking through the bone, must penetrate the mucous membrane of the gums. Usually painful this process for four days. If a child is restless and lethargic longer, then you need to contact your pediatrician and not attribute it to that climb first teeth.
When a child is teething, there is a sour smell from the mouth. This is due to the partial dieback of gum cells, so-called lysis. This process provokes increased salivation. Saliva contains lysozyme, which has antibacterial effects. Thus, saliva washes away decaying tissue and disinfects the wound. When children are teething, the saliva changes the properties, it becomes binding, changing color and smell. In the period of teething gums there is a small bleeding, which is also capable of changing the breath from a baby.
The appearance of cold symptoms and the change of chair at the child, at a time when they begin teething, is due to the doctors changing my diet, weakening of the immune system in the nasopharynx, changes in the microflora, as the kid pulls into his mouth and foreign objects and dirty fingers.
When the first teeth appear, it is possible to increase body temperature. Hyperthermia is the reaction of child’s organism to the inflammatory process occurring in the mucosal tissue of the oral cavity. In the place of eruption swells the gums, and you receive a wound that may be infected with pathogenic microorganisms. Thus, the temperature due to the complication and not the physiological process of teething. Proof of this is that when a child is teething after five years, this body reaction is observed.
When the teeth of the baby, under the action of large amounts of saliva may start coughing. The child does not have time to swallow it and gags her. Often the cough appears in the prone position than standing. It should pass in 2-3 days and does not require therapy. If you are coughing audible wheezing and shortness of breath, it occurs frequently and is accompanied by expectoration of sputum, then you need to seek medical help.
How to alleviate the condition of the baby
If the child has severe teething, parents can, at least temporarily, to alleviate his condition:
- Massage gums. Wash your hands thoroughly and gently without pressure swipe your finger across the gums. If the gums are very inflamed, then you need to finger to wind the gauze, wet it in hydrogen peroxide and gently wipe the inflamed area. In stores you can find silicone cap that both parties have bristles of different thicknesses. Kids love when this item massages the gums. Later it can be used as the first baby tooth-brush;
- Helps to scratch and to numb gums toy teether. There are regular, which are made of quality rubber and the surface is embossed, so that when biting the baby massage gums. There are teethers filled with liquid. Before use it is necessary to hold it in the refrigerator (not the freezer!). When you buy a toy, pay attention to the quality rubber and comfort grip for a small hand;
- The cold will temporarily reduce pain and itching. You can offer a child a cotton cloth, which was pre-soaked in water and cooled. If instead of water the fabric is dipped in a decoction of chamomile, it’ll help the inflammation of the gums;
- Lubricate dental gel. Pharmacies have a large range of gels that can remove the pain. Among them are: After, Kalgel, Baby doctor, Holisal. The gel does not affect the speed of the eruption, it is only able to temporarily numb due to the cooling effect of lidocaine or menthol, and reduce inflammation (consisting of anti-inflammatory substances are often of plant origin). On cooling, the child may begin allergic reaction, so you need to monitor the health of the child. The tool is used not longer than three days and not more often than five times a day. Time of action of the drug ends in about 20 minutes;
- If the child has a fever above 38⁰С, it is necessary to give antipyretic, in a dosage corresponding to age and to consult a pediatrician;
- If the child has a profuse flow of saliva, it is necessary to monitor the dryness of the skin around the mouth, periodically wipe it with a napkin. The tender skin of his chin and the corners of the mouth is irritated because of the action of saliva, which can lead to disease (or as it is popularly called «zaedy»).
How to care for your «new» teeth
As soon as the first tooth erupted, it requires not only the admiration grandmothers and friends, but also care. For this wound the bandage on his finger, dipped it in boiled water and wipe teeth, gums and tongue. Later, when the child can tolerate the procedure, you can use a baby brush dipped in water without adding toothpaste. After a year brush teeth to the child with the paste containing the minimum amount of fluoride. Paste and squeeze just a little bit. To change the brush need each month because it starts to breed bacteria.
Teeth in infants are different in structure from regular. They are thinner and more prone to injury and the negative influence of the external environment. The child accustomed to cleaning your teeth in early childhood can help to avoid tooth decay and gum problems. But brushing your teeth is not enough to completely avoid all dental problems. Parent needs to follow some rules:
- not to lick a fallen pacifier or spoon before giving it to the child;
- to prevent an excessive consumption of sweets and carbonated drinks;
- after eating to give a year-old baby a few SIPS of water to wash away food debris;
- in the menu of the child must be a sufficient quantity of all micronutrients, particularly calcium involved in the formation of bones and teeth;
- use a fluoride toothpaste that strengthens tooth enamel;
- from the age of two the child can already be taught to rinse your mouth;
- to visit twice a year children’s dentist regardless do you notice pathology or not. The first time the child needs to see a doctor in 1 year.
Sixteen permanent teeth is laid during the period from 5 months of embryonic development (before birth) and continues up to 9 months of life.
Micronutrient deficiency and infectious diseases affect the tooth enamel formation. If the child is under the age of three was forced to take the antibiotic tetracycline, it is possible the emergence of the so-called tetratziklinovykh teeth (enamel takes on an unnatural hue, which can be corrected only when the prosthesis).
How many months cut baby teeth, depends on the individual characteristics of the child’s body and heredity, and how much they will be strong affected by pregnancy and illness. So to keep our teeth beautiful and strong, parents should carefully monitor the baby’s health in General, not just the oral cavity.
Exact age, what time begins to cut the first tooth of the child, not installed, but if up to 1 year they are not, you should go to the dentist. How to cut the first teeth, and how the little one is worried, it depends on which is cut a tooth: the teeth in the upper jaw («eye») grow longer and cause the child more discomfort, the rest can be cut for 2 weeks. Grow milk teeth in children up to three years, and after five years they start to be replaced by indigenous.