Whitening teeth at home the best way
To create a shining Hollywood smile is possible without spending much effort and even avoiding going to the dentist. For this there is a teeth whitening at home. Will try to choose the best method available.
To visit the doctor no one likes and if there is a possibility to circumvent dental office party, then why not use it? Professional whitening is effective, but expensive and not for everyone. He has many contraindications and side effects. And here at home available to everyone to try out the recipes and pick the best one.
The most common baking soda can be a helper on the way to the white smile. Its abrasive properties capable of cleaning the tooth surface as well as some dental procedures. Is it worth mentioning that even with one of these professional methods of lightening the shade of the enamel using a flow of water, soda, and air? Which one is the best method of teeth whitening is hard to say. But in home application this procedure is cheap and affordable.
Soda affects the cleaning of the enamel from age spots and plaque. There are several recipes on how to use it correctly and effectively, we will describe them in more detail.
Mix soda with drinking water. The liquid should be slightly, the consistency is obtained as in the pasta. This line-up and brush our teeth, swallow it should not. Allowed to act on the enamel for ten minutes and wash off with warm water. After some time you can take a regular cleaning of toothpaste. To use such a tool preferably no more than once a week.
If you add baking soda to the toothpaste you use, the procedure will take less time. It is enough to clean with a mixture of conventional tools and soda enamel surface and rinse it. This method is less aggressive and apply several times a week.
When adding hydrogen peroxide, the effect becomes more like dental whitening. Because this ingredient is included in most of the special gels used in the doctor’s office. To use this feature very carefully.
Tablespoon of peroxide should be diluted in half a glass of drinking water. Brush your teeth in the usual way. Then dipped the brush into the glass with the solution and sprinkle it with baking soda. This composition treated surface of the enamel, not much rubbing. After the procedure, you should carefully gargle with the remaining solution and finally with water. This method can be applied strictly at most one week per month, in order to avoid damage to the enamel.
Because peroxide is an aggressive oxidizer and soda is an abrasive substance, their combination is quite effective for whitening. And in order not to harm the health of the dentition should be followed some rules:
- Pick a soft brush.
- You do not need much pressure while brushing, the movement should be gentle and light.
- Avoid lengthy procedures, reduce it to five minutes.
- Do not use this remedy too often.
- At the first signs of tooth sensitivity refuse the procedure.
Related article: how to whiten teeth with baking soda at home?
This exotic ingredient is one of the best to preserve youth and health. It is used when you need high-quality soft and detoxify the body. A similar effect goes on the tooth surface. From exposure the enamel is cleaned of bacteria, plaque and breath refreshed. Lauric acid contained in coconut oil in large quantities, can prevent the formation of dental caries and other diseases of the oral cavity.
The effect of this oil compared with the medicinal drug chlorhexidine, frequently used in dentistry and beyond. But it is a natural product. There are several ways to use it at home for the recovery of the teeth and enamel brightening:
- Enough to take the tablespoon of oil and hold in your mouth until it becomes more liquid from the body temperature. Rinsing them with their teeth for 10-15 minutes. Swallowing is not recommended, as it is during this time managed to absorb all the bacteria from the mouth, therefore after procedure it is better to spit it out. Rinse the oil with your teeth to hot water, to remove all its remains from the surface.
- Combining coconut oil and baking soda, you can make the composition more paste-like consistency. Clean the tool teeth or just apply it on the surface. Leave this mixture on the enamel for about 20 minutes, then thoroughly clean and wash the fish.
- You can drop a little oil on a soft cloth and RUB it into the surface of each tooth.
Conveniently, this useful tool can be used quite often – 2-3 times a week and not to be afraid of damage to the enamel.
Strawberries are considered a controversial remedy for teeth whitening. And yet it is used in some recipes. Although it has pigments, the presence of salicylic and malic acids, vitamin C and other enzymes contribute to its bleaching properties. Imagine some recipes on the basis of this colorful summer berries:
- Take a medium size strawberry and cut it in half. Carefully RUB the halves on the tooth surface, leaving in this state for five or ten minutes. Will just have to brush your teeth as usual and rinse with warm water. To apply the berry should be no more than twice a week.
- Crushing the strawberries and mixing it with soda, you can clean the surface of the enamel or leave this scrub on for five minutes. After using the berries necessary to process the teeth the normal paste, it is desirable that it imalay high content of fluorine.
- The best way to whiten teeth at home-based strawberry – knead the scrub of crushed berries, baking soda and sea salt. True, we should adhere to some precautions. Salt should be very fine, soft brush, and the movement is neat. If the increased sensitivity of the enamel, from the use of salt in the scrub will have to give. One procedure take a pinch of salt, half a teaspoon of baking soda and 1-3 strawberries.
When using strawberries, be sure to take a fluoridated toothpaste, so she resisted the destructive effect of acid on the structure of the enamel. To keep on the surface of any of the berries for longer than five minutes is not recommended.
Using a scrub or a strawberry in its pure form at most twice a week is not worth it. Although the concentration of the acid in the berries is minimal, yet it is capable of prolonged or frequent contact with the enamel damage and contribute to increased sensitivity.
Eating a banana, do not rush to throw away the peel from it. Indeed, in this part there is a large number of useful for the teeth of vitamins and minerals that are able to keep them perfectly clean, healthy and white. The most valuable thing in this method is absolutely harmless, so it can be used as often as desired.
To maintain a light shade enamel and cleanse her from the RAID need to take the peel and inner part of the grate surface of the teeth. Duration – 2-3 minutes. Then, simply rinse them with clean water.
Lemon or lemon juice
The effects of lemon juice on the tooth surface is multifaceted. It cleans plaque and removes stone, strengthens gums, freshens breath and whitens effectively. But to use this affordable tool should be very careful, because the acidity of lemon juice is very aggressive and its effects can damage the enamel, becoming too sensitive and thin. Select from the rules of application of lemon or juice from it in order to avoid negative consequences:
- Shortly before the procedure and for some time afterwards eliminate consumption of colored beverages and foods. Weakened enamel can easily be painted and you will get the opposite effect.
- Before the actual whitening it is better to clean the teeth regular toothpaste.
- Do not get carried away with this procedure, though its result will be distinct and noticeable. The effect of citric acid on the enamel should be not more than once a week, or ten days.
- For any signs of gum disease, the emergence of sensitivity to hot and cold from the use of lemon in bleaching procedures should be abandoned.
Will describe a few of the recipes, increasing their effectiveness. The latter is the best way to whiten teeth at home using lemon, but its use is recommended only for those people who have enamel is quite thick and durable.
- The most gentle way is to use the peel. It is much less acid, but the bleaching effect is present. Thus commit procedure in its internal part. Tooth surface is rubbed with lemon peel and leave for up to five minutes. At this time it is best to keep your mouth open for fresh air to the enamel. After the procedure is enough to wash it with warm water.
- You can make a rinse of lemon and salt. Salt should be very small. This tool will gradually whiten your enamel without damaging it, and can also promote fresh breath. To do this, take the lemon juice and salt in the ratio 3:1. After standard cleaning of teeth can do a rinse. To use the tool recommended no more than two or three times a week.
- A simple method of bleaching with lemon is chewing his bars. However, with this method it is impossible to control the uniformity of exposure.
- Take a small amount of fresh lemon juice, and use it to treat teeth. After that, be sure to thoroughly rinse the surface with water.
- For best results, take a slice of lemon and RUB it under each tooth. The juice is left for exposure for five minutes, not longer. Or just put a slice in your mouth, hold the jaw and to hold the same amount of time. At the end of the procedure it is good to rinse your mouth. Toothpaste immediately after methods to use.
- Pretty aggressive, but effective method, even for complex RAID – gadgets. Choose the actual flesh of the lemon, pitted and jumpers, it is well kneaded. This slurry is applied to the surface of the enamel and keep your mouth open longer than five minutes. At the end must be very well rinsed teeth. Use a brush or paste for this purpose is not recommended.
- The maximum effect happens when you combine lemon juice and baking soda. Strengthening the impact of each other, they help to achieve stunning whitening result. Adding the juice to soda, it will zabinitsa as a chemical reaction takes place these two ingredients. Then you can easily mix them to the consistency of toothpaste. Before you apply the enamel, it should be cleaned with a cloth, completely drained surface. Causing created this paste on a soft toothbrush, lightly clean each tooth. To enhance the result you can leave the product on for one minute, but not longer. Then you need to be sure to rinse the entire tooth surface is clean drinking water.
Remember, the more aggressive the composition of a bleaching agent, the more careful should you use it not to destroy the enamel and not to harm the health of the teeth.
This medicinal herb is often a part of many health and cleaning care products for all parts of the body. And oral cavity is no exception. For whitening effect you can take fresh aloe Vera juice, homemade plants, and buy ready-made concentrate in the pharmacy. In any case, the whitening effect will be noticeable. It can be applied in virtually every brushing without damaging the enamel or mucosa.
To use the healing and purifying properties of the plant need to add a few drops of the juice or concentrate into the brush during daily brushing. No special instructions, warnings or manipulation is required.
A paste of turmeric
Surprisingly, even in the old days, when tooth whitening toothpaste, and especially dental procedures was not, people managed to keep the oral cavity in perfect order. Ancient Indians used natural ingredients in order to keep your teeth healthy, white and your breath clean and fresh. Will try to repeat their experience.
This will take the powder of turmeric, we already mentioned coconut oil and peppermint oil. The first two ingredients combine in equal quantities and add a few drops of mint. Well-stirred, the ingredients natural and effective toothpaste. You need to use it as a regular on a regular basis.
Turmeric is considered a natural antibiotic, peppermint refreshes the mouth, and coconut oil contributes to the destruction of harmful bacteria and lightening of the enamel surface. As a result you get long lasting, healthy teeth, white smile and fresh breath based on natural products. Their composition is not able to cause harm to the enamel or mucosa, so you can use it without fear.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is also able to whiten the surface of enamel. But, as other corrosive components should not be used too often. Enough once in a week for cleansing the mouth and removing plaque, not to destroy the structure of the enamel and thus not to cause her irreparable damage.
- Simple rinsing with Apple cider vinegar can affect tooth color. Though the means, and unpleasant to the taste, but very effective. Swallow it it can not. After the procedure, be sure to spit out any excess fluid and treat the surface with clean warm water.
- If you combine vinegar and baking soda, you can get an intensive whitening toothpaste. However, its impact will contribute to the rapid thinning of the enamel in the case of inexpert use. Vinegar and soda are mixed in such proportions as to obtain a paste consistency. Put it on a tooth surface and allow to act for 5-10 minutes. Then carefully clean from her mouth, rinsing with water. You can then brush my teeth with toothbrush and toothpaste as usual.
At the slightest manifestations of hypersensitivity of the enamel to stop such procedure. The remedy, though effective, but dangerous in some cases. If you experience discomfort from the use of such aggressive components, it is better to find a more gentle method of whitening.
Tea tree oil
Recently, a very popular tool in the home of cosmetology has been the tea tree oil. It has beneficial effects on hair, skin, and as it turned out, and on tooth enamel. With the aim of bleaching it is used in various ways, but it is recommended to do this no more than twice a week.
- Dropping a bit of natural oil on a cotton pad, carefully wipe each tooth. This is followed by a good rinse them in very warm water. If you feel that the oil is not fully removed, you can use vinegar or lemon juice, which will only strengthen the whitening effect.
- After the usual daily tooth brushing, you can add a few drops of oil on the brush and additionally massage them surface. Again don’t forget to rinse the mouth thoroughly with water and clean the brush to completely get rid of residues.
- For everyday use fit rinse on the basis of tea tree oil. To do this, dilute five drops in a glass of water and after cleaning treat your mouth. If you’re doing the same thing before the cleansing procedure, it will be much easier to remove plaque and calculus, as they will soften from exposure.
Tea tree oil for whitening effect or for the purpose of Wellness treatments is also recommended to combine with aloe juice, mineral water and other ingredients. It helps to remove flux, to disinfect the mouth, strengthen the gums and fight suppuration.
Negative aspects of adoption is not always a pleasant smell after treatment, a slight numbness of the mucosa and of the difficulty of leaching.
More details: teeth whitening with tea tree oil.
Activated carbon or charcoal
Despite its black color, activated carbon is used for teeth whitening. Because it contains potassium hydroxide and that these crystals are able to lighten enamel and better cleaning of the tooth surface. For such purposes any ash natural – burnt wood, charred sandalwood stick, even black baked eggplant! For whitening effect, apply the following variations of recipes:
- Activated charcoal, crushed into powder, diluted with a little warm water to a thick slurry. Brushing your teeth in this way, you should rinse them or to process further using a daily product.
- And you can just sprinkle one crushed tablet directly into the toothpaste, which was going to clean the oral cavity. After the procedure, thoroughly rinse the surface.
- The combination of activated charcoal with lemon juice whitening effect will only intensify. They are mixed also to the consistency, so it was easy to apply on the teeth. Then thoroughly rinse the oral cavity.
To apply the activated carbon is preferably 1-2 times a week. Although it is safe, unable to cause damage to the enamel. Its advantage is that it absorbs all the bacteria even from hard to reach places than carries a healing effect on the dentition. As a result, the smile is not only dazzling, but also healthy.
Learn more: how to whitening teeth with activated charcoal?
Orange peel and Bay leaf
These ingredients can be applied separately, but most of their action combine for a stunning whitening result. Orange peel can replace the tangerine. Cork cleans the teeth from plaque, and Bay leaf can be absorbed into the surface, obescity any spot.
Rubbing the inner part of orange peel in the enamel. Next, you should take carefully ground Bay leaf and also to treat the tooth surface. Wait five minutes and can wash away the composition of the enamel. It is sufficient to rinse your mouth with clean water.
In addition to the bleaching effect Holy Basil has a protective and anti-inflammatory properties. And after the procedure revealed a nice refreshing breath. This tool can be used for regular daily brushing as it does not damage the enamel. On the contrary, the health effect will have a positive impact on the condition of the teeth and gums.
To do this, just chop fresh Basil in a puree. With it, and brush my teeth. Another recipe – mix the dry Basil leaves with mustard oil. This mixture will give a special luster to smile.
If you take the example of the Chinese, then they toothbrush use only natural sea salt. They have almost not found the problems with tooth decay, yellowing of smiles and other dental troubles.
Salt, especially sea, not only has abrasive properties. It can strengthen enamel and neutralize the oral cavity, purified from bacteria, helps to numb the tooth, etc.
If you only use ordinary table salt, it will affect the enamel just due to the abrasive properties will clean the plaque and stone. Much more useful for this procedure to take natural sea salt without dyes and other additives. It contains many useful trace elements, positively affecting the entire dentition.
It’s enough to take a very fine salt and apply it on the toothpaste while brushing the oral cavity. You can also use this ingredient on their own, gently massaging with it the surface of the enamel. Only movement should be soft, not to scratch.
For those who have problems with subtlety and enamel sensitivity or inflamed gums, it is better to use a saline solution. For daily rinsing is enough to take five grams of salt in a glass of water. After these procedures, the smile will be sparkling, and the teeth and gums healthy.
Mentioning about this tool to lighten enamel as an auxiliary component when cleaning use baking soda, you need to tell in more detail. The fact that hydrogen peroxide is very active against hue enamel and can remove surface plaque, and to lighten it from the inside. While it is a good idea acts as an independent tool or in combination with other listed ingredients.
But to use peroxide too often should not, as it is quite aggressive and can destroy the enamel. No wonder it is a simple pharmaceutical remedy is a major component of almost all professional whitening gels.
For safe use, it is recommended to adhere to the following rules:
- Carry out the procedure not more often than once a week or less.
- Only use 3% saline solution.
- To keep the teeth should be no longer than three to five minutes.
- When the sensitivity of the enamel not use.
For whitening effect is enough to apply peroxide with a cotton swab on the tooth surface and hold for five minutes. After this, you rinse them to fully rinse.
You can dilute a tablespoon of peroxide in a glass of water and rinsed with a solution such teeth, trying not to swallow it. It is recommended to rinse your mouth after other whitening treatments, for example, when you use oil or baking soda to cleanse the enamel surface from the applied component.
Learn more: 3-prescription teeth whitening peroxide.
A proven fact is to clear the plaque from the teeth able any solid foods. If eaten daily, nuts, apples, pears, carrots and other crunchy vegetables and fruits, you can expect a permanent bleaching effect.
In this case, it removes the plaque and partially purified Tartar. Though it is not a special procedure, but the use of solid products actively influence the hue and the purity of the enamel.
Video: how to whiten teeth at home? Check Lithgow.
What’s the best method of teeth whitening at home? Summarize
Home remedies to lighten the shade of the enamel is good that they are publicly available. Their price is not higher than several tens of rubles, and most of the ingredients always in the fridge or in the medicine Cabinet. To determine what the best method of whitening at home, you need to decide what criteria it must meet. Highlight the following important points:
- efficiency means;
- safety for enamel;
- the ease of use.
If you review each of these recipes according to these criteria, you can choose the best one.
Efficiency are the ingredients that have in their composition potent components. It’s lemon juice, hydrogen peroxide, coconut oil and vinegar. They have an active whitening effect that is visible immediately after the procedure. But most of them still has a negative impact on the enamel.
If to consider safe ways for the health of teeth and mouth, these include such ingredients, which is safe to use every day. It’s a banana peel or orange, turmeric, aloe Vera, Basil leaves and solid products. It is considered relatively safe and coconut oil, and activated charcoal, though they don’t recommend to use every day.
But for ease of use and availability all funds are equally good. But the easiest will be those that simply take for rinsing, or add to toothpaste for daily cleaning. This aloe Vera, coconut oil, lemon juice, tea tree oil, activated charcoal, banana peel, vinegar, baking soda, salt in a simple form, and solid products.
Reviewing all the ways in a special way stands out coconut milk. It is safe for the oral cavity, it is easy to apply and whitening effect is quite noticeable, especially if you use it on a regular basis. Although all other options also have the right to exist. Which one is the best fit for your needs – try to test each of them.