Why does the tooth reacts to hot and cold and what to do?
Even with careful care, teeth sometimes respond with pain and a strange reaction to a different temperature. Why does the tooth reacts to hot and cold and what to do? How to avoid this problem? What should you do to protect yourself from these symptoms?
The reason for the strong sensitivity of the teeth to various temperature stimuli is hyperesthesia of enamel. It can be felt as short as a response to the consumption of cold or hot drink (food). Area discomfort are often certain places.
Why does the tooth reacts to hot and cold?
There are 2 main groups of risk factors:
Non-system occur because of direct impact on the tooth enamel of some stimuli such as temperature or chemicals. And while the system sensitivity to bring such diseases, which worsen the balance of different body.
- on the enamel are the action of certain acids. They are in particular products. For example, it’s different citrus or carbonated beverages;
- tooth whitening toothpaste — they are incredibly aggressive components, which not only can whiten your enamel, but to provoke its susceptibility. And the use of excessively stiff brush at the same time, can provoke a speedy education hyperesthesia;
- due to irregularities in the tissue of the enamel. That is very quickly erased;
- the initial stage of dental caries, erosion, or different defects;
- pulpless tooth also becomes sensitive;
- when grinding of the tooth to put dental crowns.
- sometimes hyperesthesia is formed after removal of the nerve;
- the susceptibility is formed in the sealed tooth;
- different microtrauma. Bad for their teeth to gnaw seeds or nuts, and even more try to open something with my teeth.
- lack of essential minerals. Teeth are important to eating the right number of magnesium, phosphorus and calcium. If they are small, the tooth begins its destruction. To prevent susceptibility in this case it is necessary to revise the diet;
- the viruses causing the disease, in fact not associated with the oral cavity. But in the whole body undergoes a chain reaction, causing sensitivity. Because of the bacterial infection produces gastritis, which causes high acidity, heartburn, followed by tooth sensitivity;
- problems in the endocrine system;
- it happens that after a strong previous stressful situations people have formed a high susceptibility of tooth enamel. So be sure to take into account the fact that the traumatic factors of the psyche can also result in hypersensitivity;
- contraceptive preparations based on hormones. They affect the hormonal background of women, and therefore upsets the acidity;
- the susceptibility of the teeth often occurs during nausea in pregnant women. If the level of toxicity is low at the same time, you can wait until hormonal balance is restored, and the nausea passes. Most frequently nausea in pregnant women starts the second month, and the fourth should be avoided;
- if a person works in a place where the eternal contact with harmful substances. The chemicals can have an impact on the status of the enamel or other systems.
In the beginning, the sensitivity is formed only on a cold or hot drink. The pain lasts about 30 seconds. After susceptibility may occur on sweet, sour or salty.
With the development of the pathology of the reaction is detected even by inhalation of cool air, and the duration of pain increases.
Trigger the disease
- during the destruction of the crowns in the process itself caries exposed pulp – the nerve ends, which nourish the tooth. In such situations gives a strong pain when consuming cold drinks, warm drinks if it does not cause tissue irritation. Visually, the enamel is seen a strong hole a pretty dark shade;
- clean when the pulp cavity, the channels, can remove the nerves and deal with defects.
- in the early stages of caries on the tooth surface you can see the whitish spot. The enamel in this area is very thin and fragile. At this stage, the remineralization of enamel, which prevents the destruction;
- the procedure of bleaching enamel is significantly thinner, so they often provoke the susceptibility of the tissue. If the person carries out these procedures at home, he must previously consult with the doctor-dentist. With the existence of certain nuances of health from bleaching better and even refuse;
- after dental treatment — after the treatment process the doctor filling of teeth suddenly become high susceptibility? After insertion, the seals or pulpitis sensitivity can stay a couple of days. Such a situation is not a pathology. But if the sensitivity remains, and next, you need to seek help from a doctor;
- if the tooth suddenly acutely began to react to thermal changes, the cause may be substandard root treatment of teeth. With their poor filling in composite materials often occurs secondary to inflammation. Error doctor also consider removing unnecessary parts of the paste for sealing the top of the root. In such situations, the pain will continue to grow, can be, and swelling of the mucous membrane, and even across the cheeks;
- a very common cause of high susceptibility after sealing may be excessively high seal. The tooth will ache when biting, to Express a reaction to thermal stimuli, as this is a strong pressure on all the tissues of the periodontium. To get rid of these unfavorable symptoms, you can, if you grind the seal to the desired value;
- periodontitis — the inflammation in the gums, which can be explained by their bleeding and mucosa, the appearance is quite extensive pockets. With the development of the disease can also occur the exposure of the necks of the roots of the incisors, the gums in this decline, of them oozing pus, there is abnormal motor activity of the teeth. In the cervical area of the enamel becomes thinner quickly, because under the action of thermal stimuli there is an incredible pain;
- if were down mucous, and teeth are constantly worried about the cold, you should pay a visit to the doctor-periodontist. Treatment begins with removal of solid areas with the bacteria. In the last stages is performed curettage of gingival pockets, as well as local operation to eliminate deposits. Man it is recommended sparing diet, a special application of gels to the affected area, rinsing with antiseptics, and massage gums.
- if a perfectly healthy tooth suddenly began to ache and react to temperature, one needs just a certain time to refrain from the consumption of sweet and sour and salty foods, consume only as a warm drink. The diet is necessary to bring useful products that contribute to the remineralization of enamel: dairy products, fish, plus greens, fresh vegetables and berries.
Video: how a tooth responds to hot and cold?
Tooth feels hot and cold — what to do?
How to treat a tooth which bothers sensitivity? At home you can use special toothpaste to reduce the susceptibility of enamel.
- Toothpaste «Sensodyne» has a zinc and sodium fluoride, efficiently reduces sensitivity, increases the protective properties of the tooth, destroys plaque bacteria. According to the results, and decreases the sensitivity of the tooth.
- Tooth paste «Lacalut» also has the composition of the active fluoride helps to quickly restore the enamel. Because of remineralization of tissue sensitivity is, however, not immediately.
- Paste «Silca», in addition to fluoride, also has urea and potassium citrate inside, which can lower sensitivity. This paste destroys the negative effect of acids that leach calcium from the tooth structure.
What to do, how to eliminate the pain when the tooth is sensitive to heat variations and its tissue very sensitive? Will assist you are constantly use of gels.
- If a person is very aching teeth from the action of cold and hot products, you can use a special gel «R. O. C. S». It is just a stunning composition, which includes calcium, phosphorus and magnesium. The gel creates a protective film on the teeth and protects them from the action of stimuli from the outside world. However, there is tissue nutrition mineral elements. According to the results of the use of is strengthened and becomes much brighter enamel, decreases sensitivity.
- Gel «Emofluor» to protect with fluoride tin has excellent activity against bacteria and chrisostomides action. This gel reduces sensitivity, protects from caries, inflammation and periodontitis.
- If the teeth are very susceptible to cold, should be applied the gel «Fluoridex». This is excellent prevention against cavities, which strengthens enamel and reduces sensitivity. It can be used in conjunction with an ordinary toothpaste, adding some to the brush. The procedure is repeated morning and evening. The drug has a moderate level of sodium fluoride, because it can be used even for children. But the presence of mint-perfectly refreshing breath all day.