What to take with you to the hospital for a laparoscopy?
The main part of the laparoscopic procedures require hospitalization, the duration of which depends on the complexity of the operation. As a rule, is made sick leave, and question – what to take with you to the hospital for a laparoscopy you need to immediately check with the doctor that has appointed this procedure. The list of things small and depends on the level of the clinic where the intervention and the specific objectives of laparoscopy.
To ease the duration of the recovery period and reduce its duration, you need to follow all doctor’s recommendations – proper preparation for surgery is one of the keys to its success.
It is desirable to prepare in advance everything you need to bring to the hospital for surgery. Except in cases of emergency, time to prepare enough. A lot of things to take optional – minimally invasive intervention does not require long hospitalization. As a rule, the current will be the following list of things:
- the policy of obligatory medical insurance and all medical documentation on hand – the results of the preliminary surveys, patient card;
- clothes for the hospital gown or track suit, change of underwear;
- indoor footwear it is recommended to take rubber Slippers for showers without risk of fungal infection;
- will need personal hygiene products, large towel, it is advisable to stock up on wet wipes. But from cosmetics to women better to abandon or to do the minimum amount;
- mobile phone charger;
- if the intervention is simple, does not need a tablet/laptop – they will help to occupy yourself during the recovery period;
- a mug, a spoon or a set of disposable tableware;
- to not have to remember a doctor’s recommendation, take a Notepad with pen;
- water will need pure non-carbonated, bottles of 2 liters, because after surgery, quite a lot to drink.
If laparoscopic surgery will hold the baby, you need to take a set of disposable diapers, diapers, potty, food according to age. Don’t forget that in any case will not prevent a small amount of cash or a Bank card to buy something for yourself or a child.
How to relieve post-operative period?
Recovery period after laparoscopic interventions are rarely surprises in the form of complications. It is associated with minimal invasiveness, allowing the body to adapt quickly. Bed rest is assigned to all patients, and its duration depends on the nature of the interventions. After a simple diagnosis is not required to stay in bed more than a day, when more complex interventions associated with removal of tumors, or gall bladder, this mode is extended at the discretion of the physician. If necessary, the patient is placed in intensive care, where under the constant supervision of special equipment.
You shouldn’t start taking pain medicines, contributing to the thinning of the blood and other preparations, without the advice of a doctor. In the presence of constipation or diarrhoea are also not allowed to self – set doctor aware of these symptoms should immediately.
In most cases, the next day allowed to walk independently. A special diet is not required, it is displayed only after operations on gall bladder. To start the meal should in a day, with a light food – dairy products, soups. Possible to restore normal digestion and chair shown compote of prunes. Water is recommended to consume at least 2 liters a day it should be sparkling. Resume physical activity gradually, but the major allowed no earlier than 2 weeks after the surgery.
The most common complaint of patients after laparoscopy is becoming a pain. It can be localized in the abdomen or radiate into the shoulders. All such symptoms are associated with the need to inflate the abdomen during surgery with carbon dioxide. The need to use analgesics rarely exists – mostly after the removal of tumors, cysts, or cholecystectomy. After diagnostic laparoscopy the pain, bloating, and other unpleasant symptoms disappear in 2-3 days.