Useful properties and contraindications of the use of medical leaves of black currant
An aromatic shrub of black currant, studded with large juicy fruit that can be found in any garden throughout Russia. This culture is growing not only in backyards, black currant freely grows in deciduous forests, and even on the outskirts of coniferous forests, on the banks of ponds and wet meadows, it can be found throughout the European part of Russia and Siberia.
We all know that liquid black currant berries possess various useful properties, but in addition medical of the fruit, shrub, useful and aromatic leaves of black currant. The therapeutic properties and contraindications discuss below.
Chemical composition of leaves and berries
Black currant berries have very high levels of ascorbic acid and vitamin C, retinol, group vitamin b, and flavonoids (which in combination with ascorbic acid have the additional ability to decrease capillary fragility). In addition, black currants contain Riboflavin, calciferol, alpha-tocopherol, phylloquinone, pyridoxine, and vitamin J, which prevents pneumonia. Also, black currants contain malic, salicylic, succinic, tartaric and citric acids, tannins, pectin (natural analogues, through which the berries have a high generousity indicators). Berries rich in trace elements: copper, iron, iodine, cobalt, manganese, etc.
In addition to berries, medicinal properties have also leaves of the Bush. The leaves of black currant have a large amount of ascorbic acid than the berries. And the leaves are rich in volatile, carotene, essential oils. Thanks to these elements currants became widely known for their diuretic, diaphoretic, disinfectant and fixative properties. In medicine, the leaves of currant used along with it.
Collecting the leaves begin to conduct toward the end of summer, after all berries have been collected. By this time the leaves are fully matured and filled with its nutrients. To collect suitable large green leaves with no signs of pests and diseases. The collected dried leaves under a canopy outdoors or in a ventilated area to the state of the brittle sheet. Dried leaves are stored in a dry place in closed glass tanks or cotton bags.
The berries can be dried in attics or in special dryers that can withstand special temperature conditions. If the berries are dried in the home, ensure that they have not had access to direct sunlight, can destroy vitamin C. it is Also important to ensure that the berries don’t dry out.
Leaves of currant, medicinal properties
Due to the high percentage of essential oils the leaves of black currant known for its disinfecting and cleansing, diaphoretic and tonic properties, as a tonic, they are useful for anemia, vitamin deficiency, fatigue. Pectin leaves are able to remove the body of various toxins, heavy metals and radionuclides.
Thanks to the good diuretic effect of blackcurrant leaves is useful in diseases related to urinary system. They also have a laxative effect, to combat intestinal tract diseases.
The leaves are also effective in reducing the immunity and metabolic disorders. They could enhance the action of antibiotics, which makes them indispensable in the fight against various infections.
Decoctions of the leaves of currants have always been used in folk medicine to restore and strengthen the weakened, emaciated body, as a preventive measure against the occurrence of various tumors. Elderly people, the tool helps in combating rheumatism, gout, strengthens the cardiovascular system.
A decoction is effective in the prevention of arteriosclerosis, helps improve the body’s resistance to infections and viruses, cures sore throat and is able to kill the flu virus. Fitontsidy, which is rich in pieces of fruit effectively fight diseases of the bronchi.
Infusions of the leaves of black currant is recommended to take in the treatment of gout, cardiovascular disease, chronic gastritis, diseases of stomach, kidney, liver, tuberculosis.
In addition, various decoctions and infusions made from currant leaves are used to maintain the activity of the brain, to strengthen capillaries and blood vessels. At a constant, continuous reception broth the body is cleared of infection in the digestive tract, and excess bile and uric acid.
With the complex application of the healing properties the infusion makes it effective in the treatment of urolithiasis, liver and respiratory system.
For external use a decoction of the leaves of black currants are often used in various eye diseases, dermatitis, relieves eczema.
The leaves of black currant is very rich in various vitamins and trace elements, which is why they are used for the treatment of various diseases in folk and official medicine.
Tea prepared with leaves of currant, with a strong cough with spasms and whooping cough. For its preparation you need to take two tablespoons of pre-prepared dry or fresh leaves, wash them and pour a pint of boiling water, the resulting infusion leave it for 2 hours. Take warm.
Infusion for the treatment of rheumatism, gout, which is also capable of excrete lactic and oxalic acid. 3 tablespoons of leaves, place in a mug and pour half a liter of boiling water, infusion, leave for two hours, take half a Cup several times a day.
Decoction diuretic, effective in the treatment of cystitis, urolithiasis, pyelonephritis. 6 tablespoons of leaves pour one liter of boiling water and let stand for one hour, take a glass.
Tannins, which are rich in leaves, can help fight diarrhea. Fitoncidy destroy pathogens Staphylococcus, dysentery and detrimental to microscopic fungi. A decoction is prepared similarly to the previous recipe, but you can also use the collection. To prepare a collection need to mix 1 part elecampane 2 parts calamus, leaves of raspberry and strawberry, 3 parts of nettle leaves, black currant leaves, St. John’s wort, 4 parts blueberries, alder and thyme, pour 500ml of boiling water and leave to infuse overnight. Take two or three times a day before meals, but not later than half an hour.
Herbs to treat cold and reduce high temperature. The leaves of black currant known for its restorative and antiseptic properties and therefore popular in the treatment of colds. To prepare the therapeutic infusion of 20 grams of leaves of black currant mixed with 15 g of BlackBerry leaves and 15 g of leaves of raspberry. Two teaspoons of the resulting collection pour 400 ml of boiling water thick оставляют15 min. and the Resulting infusion taken after meals.
Infusion, which helps to fight diseases related to the gastrointestinal tract. Combine in equal parts leaves of currant and leaves of St. John’s wort, take one teaspoon of the prepared collection, spread on the bottom of the mug, after which add a glass of boiled water, to insist.
Herbal tea is indicated for anemia and exhaustion. Also, this tea is highly antiseptic, diuretic and expectorant properties. The same number of leaves of Hypericum and currant combine with two parts of flowers of clover. One tablespoon of this herbal mixture, pour a glass of boiling water and leave for a few minutes. This tea take half a Cup 2 or 3 times a day.
Infusion, is useful in combating rheumatism, diarrhea, inflammation of the bladder. For its preparation take a glass of boiling water and pour over 1 tablespoon currant leaves, leave to infuse for 15 minutes. The resulting drink tea an hour after eating one glass 3 times a day.
- 25 gr. black currant mix with 50 gr. dried raspberries and 300 gr. Rowan berries. 1 tablespoon treatment of the mixture pour one Cup of boiling water, then tea, leave for 7 minutes.
- To connect with 50 gr. currant leaves, rose hips, raspberry leaves, cranberries. 2 tablespoons of leaves to fold into a saucepan and pour 2 cups of boiling water, the mixture boil for 10 minutes, then leave to infuse until then, until the tea has cooled. Drink half a Cup 2 times a day.
- To obtain a gathering to connect and 25 grams. black currant leaves, 50 grams of mountain ash, 50 g of rosehips, 50 g carrots, 50 grams of strawberry leaves. 2 tablespoons of the resulting collection pour 2 cups boiling water and leave to infuse for 7 minutes.
- Baths enriched with herbal infusions that are useful for skin, it improves its elasticity. Medicated bath can improve metabolism, help to eliminate unpleasant odors and have a beneficial effect on the nervous system, calming and relaxing the body.
- Bath treatment Allergy, eye diseases, dermatitis. To prepare this bath 500 g currant leaves pour 5 liters of water and boil for half an hour, after which the broth leave for 10 minutes and poured into a water bath of 37°. Therapeutic baths take no more than a day not more than 10 minutes , treatment course – 10-12 sessions.
- Soothing bath, has a firming effect. To prepare a sedative bath collection prepared from 50g of the herb thyme, 125g succession, 75 g of chamomile, 50 g black currant leaves, 50 grams of oregano, 150 grams of nettle. The resulting collection pour 5 liters of boiling water, put on fire and boil for further 15 minutes. The prepared broth infuse for about hours and filtered in a water bath to 37°. Take a relaxing bath for 15 minutes in a day course 10 receptions.
- Also hot baths with the leaves of the currant is recommended for diseases of the joints. 2 tbsp. spoon of leaves per liter of water, boil, strain and add to bath. With a sore hip helps to handle special collection for cooking that combine 1 part nettle, 3 parts of leaves of currant and elderberry, 4 parts tansy and horsetail, 5 parts of a succession. The collection also need pokipyatit and porediti in the tub.
All contraindications are associated only with the use of black currant.
- It is forbidden to take the berries for allergies and individual intolerance.
- For the same reason that berries are very carefully introduced into the diet of young children.
- It is forbidden to take the berries in hepatitis.
- Prolonged abuse of black currant may lead to increased blood clotting, so they should not be taken during thrombophlebitis.
- Berries is absolutely contraindicated for people with high acidity, gastritis, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer.