VSD and cervical degenerative disc disease: symptoms
Vegetative-vascular dystonia and degenerative disc disease – diseases that are in the relationship, because osteoarthritis appears as a complication of VSD. Therefore, such symptoms as pain in the heart, shortness of breath, dizziness and weakness associated with degenerative changes in the spine.
In the majority of cases occur in people over thirty years old, but the first signs of degenerative disc disease and VSD can occur even in adolescence. Vegetative-vascular dystonia and low back pain – the scourge of modern mankind. According to statistics, in some countries, these pathologies affecting up to ninety percent of the population.
Symptoms of the pathologies are very similar, so the differential diagnosis is carried out with special care. The differences between these diseases lie in the origin of diseases.
Low back pain and its symptoms
The key cause of the pathology seen by doctors in the contraction of blood vessels and inability of the blood flow in the head and neck. Then go and defeat cartilage, namely, intervertebral disc, prolapse and protrusion. Prolapse of disks is called a shift downward due to the pressure of the spine and protrusion – is squeezing the intervertebral disc beyond its normal position. Aggravating factors to poor circulation can be:
How to really lower blood pressure?
Chief cardiologist Leo Bokeria told how to overcome hypertension.
- lack of exercise;
- incorrect posture;
- excessive exercise;
- multiple pregnancy or pregnancy large fetus;
- a back injury;
- the metabolic disorder;
- the presence of tumors in the area of the spine.
As a result of such violations occurring muscular dystrophy and the inability of the back muscles to fully support the spine. Primarily affects the intervertebral discs that are experiencing unnecessary strain, problems with the blood supply to the area. Depending on the location of pathological changes distinguish:
- cervical osteochondrosis;
- osteochondrosis in the thoracic spine;
- lumbar degenerative disc disease.
The defeat of the spine gives similar symptoms when problems occur in any Department. Among the most common symptoms of degenerative disc disease, it should be noted soreness in the joints (especially after exercise), crunchy sound when you rotate the joints and the feeling of muscle tension. If pathology in the thoracic or lumbar region less dangerous for the patient, the cervical osteochondrosis in combination with vascular dystonia produces life-threatening changes in the body. Patients suffering from vascular dystonia on the background of cervical osteochondrosis complain:
- disorders of vision (the appearance of severe ambiguity, the feeling of glare from fluorescent lights, etc.);
- headache, weakness and dizziness;
- trouble breathing, feeling of shortage of air;
- the most dangerous symptom is loss of consciousness.
Osteochondrosis of the thorax can cause the following symptoms:
- pain in sternum;
- aching pain between the shoulder blades and around them;
- Radiomania pain in the region of the heart;
- increased pain after physical exertion or stress;
- stream pain from thoracic in the spine, the appearance of unpleasant sensations in the lower extremities and sacrum; even with a slight cold exposure to the back (stay in the draft, too light clothing, etc.) possible pain lumbago in the back.
Preliminary diagnosis can put a neurologist, who in appearance of the back and the patient’s complaints may suspect osteoarthritis. For specification of the diagnosis it is necessary to conduct a number of studies – computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, x-ray examination. In addition to diagnosis, these devices allow you to set the stage of the disease, see the related changes that have occurred in neighbouring areas. Fully assembled picture of the disease will give the opportunity to assign the most effective treatment in a particular case.
Symptoms of dystonia
The leading cause in the manifestations of VSD is in the wrong job of the autonomic nervous system. This pathology gives the most varied symptoms, which may be difficult to correlate it with VSD. Symptoms of dystonia following: