Ciprofloxacin cystitis: tips and advice
Ciprofloxacin is a strong antibiotic from a number ftorhinolon able to cure many diseases of the genitourinary system. Accumulate in the kidneys in large amounts, long-term medication and works effectively on many forms of infectious and bacterial diseases provocateurs to its slow excretion from the body. Cystitis pathogenic flora inside the bladder is destroyed by this drug easily, as ciprofloxacin can affect all kinds of infections: chlamydia, Escherichia, Staphylococcus, coli bacteria and microplasma.
The standard technique of reception of ciprofloxacin cystitis
Before you decide to take such a powerful drug, be sure to consult with your doctor. Because doses of the drug depend not only on individual parameters of the body, but also on the severity of the disease.
Usually, ciprofloxacin is prescribed for 250 – 500 mg twice a day. Cystitis, especially acute form, take maximum dose for 3 days. General rules of medicine do not differ from standard treatment with antibiotics, there is a test you can use the tool 3 to 5 days, not more, because any antibiotic for various diseases has its time of impact on the body. And if it does not work for 3 days, further, it is not only useless but sometimes harmful to human body. If the drug gives a clear improvement of the health status, eliminating the intensity of the disease symptoms, should go to half the dose (250 mg) and to continue the systematic appointment within a few days, as prescribed by your doctor. Usual length of treatment is from 7 to 14 days for preventive margin against repeated relapses.
Ciprofloxacin comes in the form of tablets, vials for injection which are subject to dilution special liquid, and ready-made solutions, pre-packaged vials.
Recommendations to enhance effectiveness and reduce side effects during treatment with ciprofloxacin
Self-medication in any form are strictly contraindicated because this powerful drug has a rather extensive list of restrictions.
- As a major and leading cure cystitis, it does not tolerate parallel applications with traditional medicine or other anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Ciprofloxacin is contraindicated in pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Restrictive age category of the drug (up to 18 years of age, should not be used ciprofloxacin) may be taken in severe cases and only after consultation with your doctor.
- You can not take this drug in the presence of cancer.
- During treatment should be deleted alcohol and any drugs.
- If you experience imminent re-exacerbation of a cystitis it is necessary to switch to another antibiotic because the body will not react with the drug because of addiction.
- Special care ciprofloxacin requires the presence in the anamnesis of therapeutic diseases of the intestinal system and the renal-and hepatic functions.
- Strict contraindications include epilepsy, pseudomembranous colitis and allergic intolerance.
- When transferring a patient to strokes or any violation of cerebral circulation ciprofloxacin requires some restrictions and constant supervision.
- People with mental disorders and elderly patients the drug is better replaced by a more appropriate analogue.
Side effects from taking ciprofloxacin cystitis usually appear in the form of a disorder of the intestine, sometimes there is nausea and vomiting, pain and bloating, headache and dizziness, excessive sweating.