Diseases of the labia: types, diagnosis and treatment
In the human body there is no body that would not be damaged one way or another pathology. Even in intimate areas can cause problems. Diseases of the large or small labia are usually accompanied by pain, itching, burning or, by contrast, occur completely asymptomatic. Any discomfort in the genital area of the lips should consult a doctor in order to find the cause and eliminate it. What diseases affect female sexual organs? What are the symptoms and the causes provoking them?
The types of pathologies
Any, even the most minor damage, redness or irritation can be a signal that the woman’s genitals struck by sickness, surrendered from an infected partner. Below are the diseases commonly encountered in the anamnesis of women who do not take care of themselves and have multiple sexual partners.
- The soft chancre. In other words venereal ulcer. This pathology is very rare. The causative agent is the bacterium Haemophilus ducreyi. The incubation period takes up to 3 weeks, but after a few days after the infection enters the body, the labia, you notice a small spot of red color, which gradually begins to grow.
- Genital herpes. This disease is often associated with pain, so skip it in the early stages will not work. Also, the labia rashes appear in the form of bubbles, and they help to quickly diagnose the pathology.
- Molluscum contagiosum. This viral skin infection, its causative agent is a virus of the pox group. In women there are small nodules on the surface of the lips, which can spread to other organs, continuing to multiply on the thighs, stomach, and further, if you do not start timely treatment.
- Syphilis. It is a sexually transmitted disease affecting mucous membranes, skin, bones, internal organs. Infection causing disease, bacteria from the group of spirochaetes.
All of the above diseases are transmitted from an infected partner, so to protect yourself, you need to monitor your health, to have one partner and to see your doctor regularly. The following diseases of the large or small labia have nothing to do with sex.
- Dysplasia of the vulva. With this type of disease in the vulva may appear white spots, red or brown. The vulva can also develop into cancers – melanoma, basal cell or squamous cell carcinoma.
- Atopic dermatitis. This genetically determined disease affects the skin. Most often pathology develops in those who are genetically located to atopy. The main symptom — itching. Often it can cause food allergens. At the first symptoms you need to go to the doctor to confirm the diagnosis and to start therapy.
- Contact dermatitis. This disease of the skin of the labia caused by allergen exposure. The symptoms resemble allergic reactions.
- Nonspecific vulvovaginitis. This pathology affects both the vulva, vulva and vagina. Most often found in young girls. In women, the disease begins with inflammation of the vagina. Cause this disease can noncompliance with hygiene also cause serve as mechanical factors. Symptoms: itching, profuse leukorrhea, very similar with purulent, sometimes with blood; swollen vulva and vaginal mucosa susceptible to haemorrhage.
But in addition to these are also common and other diseases. About them every woman should know that when the first symptoms to consult a doctor and prevent serious consequences.
- Benign cysts. These formations can meet any woman. They are able to disappear within a few menstrual cycles. The varieties of these cysts a lot, but they are not considered tumors. They appear as a result of failures in the process of development of the follicle or due to inflammation of the lips/vagina.
- Cyst of Bartholin’s gland. Is education a pea size (or more) appears mainly in the lower part of the large lips. Develops as a result of that overgrown gland excretory duct. Often accompanied by suppuration. As a result, women temperature rises, there is pain and redness. To treat a cyst you need to quickly and only according to the scheme prescribed by the doctor.
- Cysts of the vagina. These tumors can have different shapes and fugolastic consistency. Their location is superficial. Require surgical treatment.
- Of ovarian cysts. Appear due to the fact that in the cavity accumulates a secret, and its number is constantly increasing.
- Bartolino glands abscesses or cysts of the Skin. Most often the disease begins with a small cyst in the genital area of the lips, and then, if time does not take action, developing an abscess, to get rid of which is possible only with surgery and further treatment. It is the treatment after surgery will help to completely eliminate the disease and prevent its recurrence.
Diseases affecting the vagina, the area of the labia and other parts of the genital area, can have pronounced symptoms or be completely asymptomatic. Some of them may recognize themselves, but there are those that are able to detect only a doctor after the diagnosis.
Diagnosis, therapy and care at home
To completely cure the disease of the labia of the house will not succeed. You can only relieve symptoms, but treatment should appoint and control the doctor.
Infection in the genital area of the lips and can affect the vagina and uterus. Without diagnosis and comprehensive treatment in such a situation is not enough.
At home valid withdrawal itching and pain, this will help sitz bath with chamomile or succession. If you have sores, you need together with a partner to start treatment, and find it needs a specialist. If the following symptoms should immediately seek the advice of your physician to protect yourself from serious and irreversible processes:
- any unclear lesions on the genitals;
- permanent and highly disturbing itching;
- the appearance of pain, discomfort and discharge, fever.
The physician should conduct a complete diagnostic inspection on the gynecological chair. Can also be asked questions concerning the disease and the intimate life:
- that hurts and what the pain: dull or sharp;
- there was one symptom or are there other;
- in what area pain and itching;
- when was the first time any discomfort;
- whether previously seen this kind of disease;
- how regular sexual life of the patient;
- worried if the pain when urinating;
- if there’s pain during sex;
- to see if the patient has abnormal vaginal drainage.
The answers to these questions will help to make a correct diagnosis, but they still may not be enough to identify diseases of concern for a long time. Therefore, your doctor may prescribe additional studies:
- differential analysis of blood;
- a biopsy (piece of skin, droplets of fluid or mucous).
To treat diseases affecting the privates, you can use medications, surgery or traditional methods. But most often the experts combine all these treatment options is the only way to achieve good results. Surgical intervention will not be effective if after he did not get treatment for drugs and traditional methods will not be able to eradicate the infection. Self-medication can be dangerous, so the first thing to do when you have symptoms to consult a doctor.