How to identify and treat lumbar lordosis: exercise and massage
Prevention and treatment of lordosis of the lumbar spine
The human spine has natural curves that are necessary to maintain the vertical position of the body during exertion and walking.
In case of certain violations of these curves become too large.
Changes can be directed toward, forward, backward.
Lordosis — curvature of the cervical or lumbar spine with forward bending.
Lumbar lordosis and its causes
Causes of the disease are many.
- trauma during childbirth;
- Cerebral palsy;
- hip dysplasia;
- the growth spurt in adolescents.
Lordosis in adults:
- Bechterew’s disease;
- tumors of the spine;
- infection affecting the spine;
- the herniated disc;
- systemic disturbances with lesions of the spinal column;
- lupus erythematosus;
- excess weight, in which the spine is subjected to additional load;
- vertebral fractures;
- diseases of the muscles, which violate the provisions of pozvonochnika;
Signs and symptoms of the disease
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
Lordosis is considered to be natural only within a specific angle. Deviation in any direction is a pathology.
If the spine is straightened slightly at the waist, this is called geologos, if the angle is too large, the hyperlordosis.
The characteristics of these States differ.
- back pain;
- the bulging abdomen;
- disruptions of metabolic processes;
- constant fatigue;
- deviations in the organs of the peritoneum;
- pain in the legs;
- sleep problems.
- buttocks stick out;
- the stomach protrudes forward;
- feet apart;
- Taz laid back;
- lumbar muscles overstretched;
- the inability to sleep on my stomach because it triggers the pain;
- lean is obtained only through the work of the joints of the thighs;
- in the supine position there is a large gap between the lower back and the floor.
Signs of geologos:
- lower back pain;
- flattening of the back;
- fatigue in any position other than horizontal;
- gait changes;
- numbness in the lower back.
Classification of the disease
Lordosis of the lumbar part can be primary and secondary:
- Primary — the result of developmental disorders of the spine, inflammation, symptoms of tumors. Quite often the cause of the breach is the excess of body weight.
- Secondary — a consequence of congenital damage or the consequence of ankylosis of the hip joint.
Lumbar lordosis is smoothed, if between the waist and the back has no cracks.
Flattened lordosis of the lumbar may be primary and secondary.
Straightening of lumbar lordosis can only be made operational way, after which it carried out rehabilitation activities such as physiotherapy, therapeutic exercise.
Methods for the treatment of a secondary lumbar lordosis are complex.
- special exercises;
- traction of the spine;
- the use of the tire;
- in some cases, medication.
How else can I cure lordosis of the lumbar?
There are the following methods:
- Treatment of lordosis the course of massage is one of the most effective ways. Massage improves blood flow, metabolic processes in the body. In order to avoid negative consequences or injuries of the spinal traction should be carried out under the supervision of a specialist. Then it will give good results.
- Treatment of disorders by means of a special brace can be prescribed only by a doctor. Bandage need for fixing problem areas of the spine, lead to deformation. In some cases a brace is recommended for pregnant women, which increases lordosis of the lower back that causes discomfort and back pain. But not all patients prescribed this treatment because these products can cause the muscles to relax, and this will only aggravate the situation.
- Strengthening back muscles can help therapeutic exercises. But the lasting effect is given only to persistent classes. You can take a course of gymnastics in the hospital and continue at home. Better to do it daily.
Exercises that will be effective in pathology:
- Lie on the floor and put my feet up on the chair so they are bent at an angle of 90. Then try to stick your left hand in the gap between the back and surface. Need to press the lower back to the floor, to hand passed with difficulty. This can be achieved by retraction of the abdomen and moving the pelvis forward. Perform 7 times.
- Lying on the back with divorced hands, lift feet up, trying to throw them behind his head.
- Standing, lean forward.
- Standing against the wall, try to touch her lower back.
The rules of the exercise:
- Gymnastics have to do with desire;
- You should not practice to exhaustion;
- During class you should control the breath, no need to detain him, because it additionally feeds the body.
- When lordosis of the lumbar spine, when sitting, put under the feet of the stool to raise your knees above the buttocks by 20 cm
It is best to prevent violations in childhood, when only forming the skeleton.
It is important to follow simple rules in all diseases of the system:
- to monitor the posture;
- periodically gets back to the wall, straightening himself along it;
- take breaks in sedentary work;
- charge with exercise for the abdominal muscles.
For quick treatment of lordosis should not count. Only carrying out all necessary activities will help to restore the natural curvature of the spine.
Lordosis of the lumbar may appear because of the huge number of reasons. It has the characteristic symptoms manifested at later stages of the disease. If you apply a sound approach to the treatment of, such violation is quite treatable.
If the specialist time to make a correct diagnosis, and the patient has a responsible approach to the treatment of lordosis, the disease will change the standard way of life irrelevant.
Otherwise, serious consequences are anticipated, which will be difficulties in work and limitations in life.