Adhesive bridge prosthesis: denture adhesive
After tooth extraction, the patient may need to restore the aesthetic appearance and chewing function. In such cases, an adhesive bridge can solve the problem with minimal dental intervention. Traditional prosthetics includes preparation of enamel and dentin, which significantly damages their structure. The establishment of implant also has its drawbacks in the form of surgical interventions on the bone tissue and the cost of manipulation. In modern dental adhesive technology restore the continuity of the dentition is considered to be the most optimal and highly esthetical treatment.
Indications and contraindications
Adhesive prosthesis recommended in such cases:
- temporary elimination of cosmetic defect in the presence of absolute contraindications to implantation;
- the restoration of the lost tooth as soon as possible;
- the impossibility of traditional removable prosthetics.
There are two key indications for this treatment:
- the absence of one incisor, canine or premolar;
- untreated and undamaged neighboring defect teeth.
Contraindications the adhesive restoration are as follows:
- deletion of two or more teeth;
- carious lesions surrounding teeth.
- metallotrejderskih the presence of crowns on teeth-antagonists;
- chronic inflammation of the mucous membrane of the gums.
Functions of adhesive dentures
Dentures in the shortest time restore the anatomical form of the dentition. Patients regain the natural look of the mouth.
Orthopedic treatment proportionally distributes the chewing pressure, which is displayed on the functioning of the dentition and skeletal system. The restoration of full chewing function normalizes the entire gastrointestinal canal.
The structure of adhesive fixed prosthesis
Adhesive bridges consist of these parts:
- crown – an artificial tooth;
- connecting elements, with which the prosthesis is fixed to the abutment teeth. To attach crowns used Shklovalakno beam, composite material, metal wire and plastic.
In dental practice doctors use two main methods of making adhesive restoration:
- Simultaneous method. Reconstruction of the lost tooth is carried out in one visit. After isolation of the working field from saliva the doctor notes Shklovalakno fiber to the abutment teeth and simulates an artificial crown made of composite filling material.
- Two-stage treatment. On the first visit, the dentist takes impressions of the patient’s jaws. After that, the adhesive prosthesis made by a dental technician in the laboratory. On the second visit, the doctor records the restoration in the oral cavity. This design is considered the most durable.
The technique of the prosthesis
Orthopedic restoration of the lost tooth at the adhesive technologies is carried out in this way:
- Anesthesia. Anesthesia of the abutment teeth is carried out using infiltration injection.
- The mechanical formation of notches on cutters and the longitudinal furrows on the premolars with the help of a drill.
- Isolation of the working region with a cotton swab or a rubberdam.
- Treatment of the abutment teeth etching gel that forms micro-cracks in the enamel.
- The application of the adhesive (special glue for fixing the composite material to tooth structure).
- The establishment Shklovalakno beams.
- The future prosthesis is made of photopolymer.
- Simulation of artificial crowns, which repeats the anatomical shape of the lost tooth.
- The removal of excess composite material using the dental handpiece and burs.
- Grinding and polishing of the restoration.
- Removing the rubberdam or cotton swabs from the oral cavity.
Innovative technology to establish adhesive restoration
Adhesive dentures modern dental clinics model on the basis of special Shklovalakno tape. This method of fixing physiologically most effective. Filling thus it is considered the most resistant to mechanical, chemical and thermal stimuli.
The advantages of the adhesive technique dental
The integrity and aesthetics of the dentition can be restored with an adhesive restoration. The advantages of this technique are as follows:
- Minimal damage of the abutment teeth. This prosthesis does not require removal of tooth pulp(removal of the neurovascular bundle of polyarnoi camera) of the adjacent teeth, thus preserving the natural color and sensitivity. Most patients thus do without local anesthesia.
- The speed and ease of the procedure. The duration of the prosthesis may take about 3 hours. Two-step treatment, the patient should wait 2-3 days.
- Low cost prosthetics. Compared to traditional dentures adhesive restoration has little value.
The disadvantages of adhesive prosthetic technologies
The cons of this technique to restoration associated with the structural features of the prosthesis and the method of its establishment. The disadvantages of this procedure:
- The prosthesis has a low accuracy of manufacture and, accordingly, the average service life of restoration does not exceed 3 years. For successful operation of this construction the patient, it is recommended to avoid high loads when biting, chewing and exposure to certain chemicals (strong acid and food dyes).
- A sharp decline in aesthetics after 6-10 months after the fixation of artificial crowns. This is due to the fact that composite restorative material eventually loses its luster, tarnish and on its surface are formed of multiple micro-scratches.
- Increased risk of diseases of the ligaments supporting teeth. Adhesive prosthesis disproportionately distributes the chewing pressure on the tooth tissue surrounding the teeth.
- Gradual atrophy of bone tissue in the area of prosthetics. In the end, the slack is formed of an artificial tooth.
- Unpleasant smell from the mouth. The deposition of food debris and plaque under the restoration causing discomfort that is not always possible to eliminate cleaning your teeth.
Care adhesive orthopedic structures
To extend the service life of such restorations dentists recommend following these guidelines:
- Adhesive prosthesis requires careful hygienic care. The patient has twice a day to clean all surfaces, non-removable denture with tooth paste and tooth brush.
- After meals it is advisable to use dental floss and mouthwash, which neutralizes boleznennye microorganisms of the oral cavity.
- Adhesive prosthetics requires careful monitoring of the condition of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity. If you notice signs of gingivitis or periodontitis, the dentist conducts the treatment of inflammatory processes of the soft tissues of the oral cavity.
- To receive preventive dental checkups at least twice a year. During these visits, the doctor examines the condition of the dentition. The detection of hard and soft deposits on the teeth the specialist teeth professionally cleaned ultrasonically.
Adhesive bridge prosthesis according to most experts considered the optimal way of prosthetics in a context where the patient is required to restore the tooth defect in the shortest possible time. It should be noted that this method of tooth restoration is temporary.