Dentures: what is better, addictive
Often for people with partial or full tooth loss dentures are removable, the only way to restore the aesthetic appearance of the oral cavity and masticatory efficiency. This treatment is considered to be the most affordable from a technical and financial perspective. The design of the prosthesis is made of acrylic plastic, artificial teeth and metallic elements. In modern dentistry, patients can use various types of prosthetic restoration of the dentition. But how to choose the best method of prosthetics? For each treatment there are certain indications and contraindications. Experts also claim that in each clinical case material of this design must be completely inert to the body of the patient (not to provoke allergic reactions).
Indications for removable dentures
A removable denture is recommended in such clinical situations:
- The lack of teeth in chewing or anterior region of the oral cavity.
- The ultimate defect of dentition, when there is no possibility of establishing the bridge.
- The presence of 1-5 teeth on the upper or lower jaw.
- Full adentia, when the patient has an absolute absence of teeth.
The classic removable dentures
Full dentures differ in design features and the material of the prosthetic apparatus.
This is a temporary way to replace 1-2 of the extracted teeth. Removable immediat mikroprotez is installed directly after the extraction procedure. This treatment is aimed at restoring the aesthetics of a smile during the healing period of the wound. In subsequent immediaterelease replaced by permanent bridges or implant crowns.
The indication for this type of prosthesis is the presence of 5-8 teeth in the upper or lower jaw. Such removable dentures consist of a metal arch (handle), plastic base, artificial teeth and fixing elements.
Fixation of prosthesis is carried out using:
- Of clammers − cast metal hooks that cover the crown of the supporting tooth.
- Atamanov − lock latches. One part of this element is an artificial tooth crown support, the second prosthesis. This method of fixation provides the most effective aesthetic and retention of removable device in the oral cavity.
The advantage of this type of prosthesis is the minimum amount of plastic and secure fixation of the prosthesis in the oral cavity. Metal arc helps preserve the maximum taste sensations, leaving free the greater part of the mucous membrane of the soft palate and the gums of the lower jaw.
Masticatory function is restored with artificial teeth installed in the base. It is directly adjacent to the gums. The only disadvantage of this prosthesis is its high cost.
Partial plastikowy camera
Orthopedic replacement of large defects of the dentition is carried out by using partial dentures. Such treatment is also advised for patients 1 to 5 teeth on the upper or lower jaw. Removable dentures by this method includes the manufacture of artificial crowns on the remaining teeth and the jaw itself of the prosthesis.
Orthopedic design consists of the following parts:
- Base − plastic base, adjacent to the gums. This item is made of acrylic plastic.
- The artificial teeth. Their function is to restore the masticatory activity.
- Clamp − wire hooks that attach the prosthesis to the abutment teeth.
Complete removable dental constructions
Dentures indicated for patients with complete absence of teeth. In dental practice there are several types of prosthesis. They differ in the material used to manufacture them.
Types of removable dentures
In modern dental clinics the patient with edentulous can offer the following methods of prosthetics:
What is the acrylic plate apparatus
In this case, the basis is an acrylic plastic. The advantage of this treatment is the low cost and ease orthopedic procedures.
The disadvantages of acrylic dentures include:
- The fragility of the design. 1-2 years made prosthesis to become porous. In such micropores penetrate food particles that cause unpleasant odor from the mouth.
- The formation of pressure sores on the mucosa of the gums. Even prosthesis with imported teeth causes this complication. To avoid problems, the dentist carries out the correction of prosthetic.
- After several years of use of a complete removable prosthesis there is atrophy of the alveolar process of the jaw. Clinically it is manifested by the violation of fixation of the prosthesis. In such cases, the recommended relocation of the denture. This manipulation is to apply an extra layer of plastic on the basis of prosthetic. After the reconstruction of the denture again can accurately replicate the contours of the gums, which can be locked in the oral cavity.
- Addiction to acrylic removable dentures require considerable time.
- Low durability. In the process of operation of the dental product occurs the Erasure of the artificial teeth, which is accompanied by a change of occlusion and non-uniform distribution of chewing pressure.
Full removable nylon prosthesis
A good denture made of elastic nylon. The orthopaedic fixation apparatus is carried out by the plastic of the tooth-gingival clasps which maintain the high aesthetic level.
Advantages of the use of nylon dentures is as follows:
- Highly esthetical restoration. After this prosthesis in patients there are no metal particles on the smile line. A denture base made of a material which is identical to the gums.
- The inertia of the prosthesis. This orthopedic design, as a rule, does not cause allergic reactions.
- High adaptation. Addiction to nylon dentures is a few days.
Disadvantages of orthopedic treatment with the use of nylon:
- Chronic injury of the mucous membrane of the gums in the area of the abutment teeth. Damage to the soft tissues of the oral cavity causes the plastic Klammer. Mechanical trauma ends with the formation of a bedsore.
- Excessive deformation of the basis. Full denture made of nylon while chewing are subject to insignificant changes in the form, which causes discomfort in the patient. To prevent the occurrence of such a problem, the correct choice of the stiffness of the prosthesis, which may be rigid, semi-rigid and soft.
- Progressive atrophy of the alveolar process of the jaw. Increased melting of the bones occurs as a result of transmission of chewing pressure on the gums. Traditional dentures such pressure is evenly distributed on the abutment teeth and the prosthetic bed.
- Unsatisfactory oral hygiene. Standard nylon prosthesis has a slightly rough inner surface, which causes increased deposition on it of bacteria and food debris. Over time, microbial plaque and lack of treatment of the basis cause of chronic bad smell from the mouth.
- The high cost of the procedure. Nylon, complete removable dentures are more expensive than their acrylic counterparts about 4-5 times.
- The need for multiple correction of the prosthesis. In practice, the dentists note that patients with a nylon devices are very often complain about chronic trauma of the mucosa. In this case, the specialist corrects for the orthopedic construction.
Clinical stages of manufacturing of removable orthopedic constructions
In dental clinics, regardless of the type of dental unit, a patient with complete or partial edentulous goes through the following course of treatment:
- Consultation at the stomatologist-orthopedist and preparation of individual treatment plan and prosthesis.
- Sanitation of the oral cavity, which includes sealing of all caries, pulpitis and surgical removal periodontitis and hopeless teeth.
- Examination of the oral cavity. The podiatrist emphasizes the condition of the gums, hard and soft palate, the height of attachment of bridles and a high gag reflex.
- Removal of impression from the upper and lower jaw. In the laboratory a dental technician produces an individual olikoye spoon.
- Making the final impression from the oral cavity of the patient. The dental laboratory according to the specified parameters produced wax patterns.
- The fitting of tooth rollers. At this stage, the specialist fixes the height of the future baseline, clarifies the bite and the location of future teeth.
- Installation of prefabricated orthopedic braces. At this stage, the prosthesis acrylic removable dentures fails to provide the patient some recommendations to care for them.
Full removable prosthesis, tips on maintenance and rehabilitation
- In the first few days after the establishment of the prostheses in the oral cavity the doctor recommends the patient to refrain from taking rough and hard food. If strongly to press on separate parts of the mucous membrane, there will be focal atrophy of the alveolar process of the jaw.
- A gradual transition to the full diet. A systematic transition to chewing solid foods prevents the formation of pressure sores and rubs the mucous membrane of the gums.
- Storage removable orthoses should be performed in water, which eliminates the oxidation of acrylic plastic. The need to retrieve structures from the oral cavity at night individually. Some patients do constant wearing of dentures and can’t imagine life without them. For other people more comfortable is the removal of artificial teeth during the night.
- Hygienic care of prosthetic products is carried out at least twice a day, which allows you to quickly get used to the camera. This can be a traditional cleaning toothpaste and brush. Nowadays, the pharmaceutical industry offers special tablets for cleaning acrylic dentures. Completely removable dentures for a few minutes, placed in a glass of water in which was dissolved effervescent tablet. Chemical method for cleaning plastics, in addition to removing bacteria and food debris, has aromatic abilities
Modern dentures, technologies and types
Traditional plastic prostheses in edentulous fixed in the oral cavity with the effect of «suction». In patients with insufficiently developed relief of the prosthetic bed is not always possible to achieve immobility of prosthetic. Special difficulties such patients experience during a meal.
Dental surgeons recommend implants to fix dentures. Surgery allows to draw the following options for reconstructive orthopedics
- Prosthesis on implants with a locking latching push button type. For such treatment is sufficient to implant in the bone 2-3 tooth. In the cavity screwed special locks in the form of a ball. The other part of locking mechanism is located on the inner surface of the denture is completely removable and includes silicone matrix. During insertion of the prosthesis in the oral cavity, both of the locking elements are connected. After that produced reliable and fixed connection of the denture and the gums.
- The establishment of implants with a beam-lock fastening. In such cases, the patient is also screwed 2-3 of the implant. Between the artificial teeth is established by the special beam. At the base of the apparatus should make the appropriate recess with silicone inserts. Fixation of the structure occurs after the reunification of the two parts of the castle. In this way, there is the physiological distribution of chewing pressure and secure retention of the denture on the gingival surface.
- Manufacturer of in-ear dentures. The condition for such a prosthesis is the presence of one or more teeth. The root canal is sealed with a permanent material. After that, the dentist in root canal twists pin with a spherical atachment. In the basis point provide recesses for the entry of the castle. Scientific studies have shown that the preservation of a few teeth on the jaw is considered a powerful factor for the success and proper fixation of the prosthesis.
What is better to use methods of prosthetic dentistry
With partial loss of teeth and inability to establish a dental bridge the best way of treatment is the production of a handle. The cost of such manipulation is very high. For those patients who can’t pay for a partial denture, experts suggest that partial plastic dentures.
A complete denture of man are of two kinds: plastic and nylon. For patients with allergic reactions to acrylic you want to restore the continuity of the dentition nylon. In other cases, the final choice remains with the patient. Dentures, which are more effective are set individually on reception at the stomatologist-orthopedist.