Does it hurt to remove the nerve from the tooth
Does it hurt to remove the nerve from the tooth? Procedure is necessary for complete healing of severe tooth decay, considerable damage to mechanical origin.
Removal of the nerve: what is it? Tooth nerve is the nerve-vascular bundle with a complex structure. In dentistry this is called a slurry. It is inside the crown and root parts of a tooth. Responsible for the response of the tooth to various external stimuli (sensitivity to hot, cold, acidic). Pulp plays the role of a barrier to the spread of infection and bacteria.
In the initial stages of tooth decay affects the pulp. The whole process is localized only in the tissues of the dentin. As the game progresses, the pathology spreads to the elements of the pulp. Pulpitis occurs, which starts to hurt the entire tooth. It is necessary to remove all the pulp either to amputate only a portion thereof. All depends on the condition of the tooth, the prevalence and severity of the disease.
The next stage of the disease — periodontitis. At the same neural structures are removed completely. Indications for amputation include:
- vast size of carious cavity;
- mechanical injury of the tooth;
- damage to the crown;
- strong, long-lasting tooth pain.
Removal of the nerve deadens the tooth. He loses the ability to perceive stimuli, including cold, sweet, sour, salty. Lost blood supply. Dental elements slowly mineralizers. Therefore, the tooth becomes brittle and dull.
It hurts whether to remove a tooth nerve, and most importantly — it is advisable to deprive the tooth structures important internal component? During the development of the carious process, the inflammation of the nerve causes severe pain, worse at night. Pulpectomy is the only way to help the patient. Removing the affected pulp helps to avoid the spread of infection beyond the root. It prevents the appearance of dangerous complications.
Much less common traumatic pulpitis of anterior teeth. It requires emergency extraction of the pulp. Sometimes the infection occurs teeth retrograde way — through openings at the apex of the root. The whole inflammatory process in the standard way.
Rarely pulpose substance damaged by calculi (stones) that occur in root canals. They squeeze the delicate neural elements, causing irritation. So there is nerve injury with subsequent inflammation. This requires emergency extraction of the damaged structures. The defeat does not affect the tooth. Outwardly he remains healthy.
Hurt or not to remove the pulp? Modern technology and methods reliably to anesthetize the damaged structure. This makes the procedure painless, safe and less traumatic. The effectiveness of anesthesia depends on the professionalism of the doctor, clinic opportunities and choice of analgesic:
- not all dentists are fluent in the technology of anesthesia;
- not every dental clinic has a modern technical support for pain-free procedures;
- each drug has a different strength of pain relief.
There is a perception that deponirovanie is painful. This forces the patient to go to expensive clinics to perform the procedure under General anesthesia (loss of consciousness). In fact, the situation looks quite different. Modern medication for local anesthesia to ensure a perfect result. The patient remains all the time in the mind and is easier to tolerate the anesthesia.
Removal of teeth during deep sleep can have many complications. Not always the patient will be able to transfer General anesthesia. There is a list of strict indications and contraindications to anesthesia. To deviate from them is dangerous to health and life of the patient. Therefore, the choice of the method and means of analgesia should be approached with the utmost seriousness, competence and responsibility.
The conduct of polipektomii
Painful as it is to remove the nerve, it should be done. How is it treated? As the pulp is affected in different ways, depends on the scope of the intervention. After dental examination the specialist decides on the partial removal pulpous substances (amputation) or complete (extirpation). Amputation involves cutting off only the crown pulp chamber. The root of the substance remains in the tooth. This technique is used infrequently because it can provoke episodes of recurrences.
Most dentists resort to the complete extraction of the nerve from the canal system. Price depends on the number and shape of these tubules. During the manipulation of each root canal expand, carefully clean the residue from the pulp and are securely sealed. Neglect procedure will lead to serious consequences:
- traumatic lesions in the area of the apex of the tooth;
- poor sealing of the channels causes severe pain, swelling gums;
- irritation strong anesthetics delicate structures of the root;
- poor cleaning of the channels causes a further spread of the infection with development of purulent periodontal abscesses.
The stages of manipulation
Root canal surgery is a multistage process, comprising:
- X-ray examination of the tooth. The method allows to clarify the situation in difficult, precarious situations. Used vnutriorgannogo contact x-rays or physiography.
- Anesthesia. Often used local anesthesia by administering drugs into the gum along the nerve branches. Anesthetics allow you to securely and permanently to freeze the tooth. This is achieved by a complete loss of sensitivity for some time. Under certain conditions, or the wishes of the patient carried out a full loss of consciousness (General anesthesia). This method of sedation is especially useful for the treatment of children.
- Isolation of the working field. In private clinics expensive format successfully used a dental dam. It’s a special film of latex to protect and to protect the tooth from the ingress of saliva during the procedure. The device creates more comfortable working conditions for the dentist. In more «economic» institutions to isolate the field have successfully used cotton turundy vintovye and balls.
- Treatment of dental tissue, air-water cooling. Allow to clear the tooth of foreign substances, disinfection and drying of dental elements.
- Opening the pulp chamber, the formation of a smooth vertical walls.
- A nerve extraction with polyactuator. This disposable tool allows you to capture the neuro-vascular bundle, extracting it from the channel when the rotation of the tool. The presence of wide, deep channels implies simultaneous use of multiple instruments.
Often removal is conducted without pulp extractor. This is due to the high invasiveness of the tool. Many experts claim pulpectomies roughly removes the nerves, causing the separation of the periodontium. Because of this, developing many of the complications of intervention.
To extract the nerve to use generic files. These are special tools and fixtures, allowing you to locate and expand all the root canals. The technique is designed accurately and controlled to cut only the modified pulp. The root of the tooth remains intact. The specialist can easily control the whole process of ectomy at the expense of x-ray pictures, special devices and tables.
Removal of the nerve is only half of the event. To save the tooth for many years it is important to perform some actions:
- The cleaned active channels carefully treated with antiseptics. This will prevent dental items from falling remnants of the infection and the pulp.
- The permanent sealing of the tubules of the tooth, the control to validate the procedure.
- The placement of the permanent dental fillings during your next doctor’s visit.
Errors and their adverse consequences
Ectomy nerve — a very rigorous and demanding procedure. It affects the fate of a dead tooth. The slightest medical error can end badly and tragically for the tooth. The causes of errors are diverse:
- the lack of professionalism of the doctor;
- obsolete equipment;
- nespravny Toolkit;
- negligent execution of the procedure.
Often celebrated 2 major complications intervention:
- broke off a tool during work in the channel;
- channel bleeding.
Malfunction and damage to instruments — classic medical error. Caused due to violations of technique or when using the (broken or defective) tools. Extract piece of the device from a tooth is a difficult task, requiring appropriate skills. Otherwise, the tooth will have to be removed together with atomcom apparatus.
Channel bleeding to predict and prevent impossible. It occurs during the separation of the pulp on a deep level extraction. Because of this, most doctors are gradually moving away from polnoekrannyj. It is preferable to select the files gradually, measured cut soft items that are not causing bleeding.
Separately allocate such dangerous complication of manipulation, as the residual pulpitis. It is a relapse of the disease arising after the negligent treatment. It is caused by residual nerve tissue that was not completely removed during cleaning.
These elements are destroyed in the tooth, causing the strongest pain. At first the pain is aching, but quickly turns into an acute form. There are signs of fever. The infection is rapidly spreading to the root, causing periodontitis. The main complaint of these patients is unbearable throbbing pain in the «dead» tooth.
At the first signs of such complications, it is recommended to go to the doctor. Only prompt treatment can save the tooth. The infected nerve is a very real danger of generalization of infection and the loss of many teeth.
The recommendations of the dentist
Removal of the nerve changes the tooth. He becomes dull, losing Shine. This version of the rules, that does not harm the tooth structure itself. Yellowing, blackening of the tooth point to the development problems. They are usually associated with poor preparation for the intervention or lack of processing channels and tools.
The crown of the tooth changes its color after you use certain substances for sealing. Proven, the use of Endomethasone provokes yellowing tooth for several years. This is indicated in the annotations to the substance. After applying Retsina and formalin paste teeth turn pink. This tool used in budgetary institutions for the sealing of deciduous teeth in children.
Arsenic is a dangerous substance that has been successfully used for the destruction of damaged nerves. This method greatly accelerates treatment, facilitates the procedure. A tooth treated in two stages:
- Opened and widen the channel, drop in the arsenic, put temporary filling.
- After the allotted time the seal is removed, remove the remnants of the dead nerve. A tooth treated with antiseptics, establish a permanent seal.
The technique has many advantages. First, the procedure is short in duration. Second, the technique is safe, has no contraindications. Third, it is virtually painless, since most of the manipulations performed already with the dead nerve elements.
Soreness may occur at the first visit prior to installation of the arsenic. For their prevention before intervention is introduced to local analgesics. Often use analgesic sprays or gels.
Is it possible ectomy nerve without anesthesia? In case of intolerance or non-perception of any kind of anesthetics the doctor has to handle the tooth «alive». This may experience significant pain, discomfort. The intensity will directly depend on the individual sensitivity of the patient. But this is only the case if the nerve is still alive. After the death of nerve endings, the patient may feel minimal discomfort. And it is only when processing the channel.
Modern treatment is painless. Before surgery examines the state of the dental tissue, its sensitivity to pain and drugs. Individual assessment, selection method and drugs to allow successful and painless to spend deponirovanie.