How to fix crooked teeth without braces and with them?
The problem of malocclusion is common, so many wonder how to fix crooked teeth without braces and with them. And this applies not only correction in children, but also eliminate the dystopia of permanent teeth in adulthood.
As the oral cavity to determine whether the person is attentive to their own health and beauty, because those who respect themselves, will never allow it to go with unpeeled or decayed teeth. But another thing is malocclusion, which is not always possible to fix, especially if the patient is interested in this question after 25 years.
The causes of the curvature of the teeth
With such a problem as uneven teeth, expressed in varying degrees, is facing about a third of the world’s population. It makes a smile unattractive, because of what you suffer complexes and difficulties in communication with other people. Therefore, orthodontists dealing with malocclusion in demand.
The main reasons why teeth begin to grow crooked:
- lack of calcium – many people underestimate the importance of the presence in the diet of dairy products. Especially negatively affected by the lack of calcium in childhood, when the formation of the skeleton. Contained in cheese, milk and yogurt trace elements allow you to become jaw bones strong, and enamel – strong;
- the predominance of soft food on the menu – the lack of adequate load on the muscles and jaw leads to the fact that this may cause distortion of the teeth;
- mouth breathing – the habit of breathing through the mouth disturbs the natural circulation of air. This ensures the correct position of the tongue when it is in a relaxed state adjacent to the bottom of the mouth and lower jaw, which contribute to the development of malocclusion;
- bad habits – they all have an impact on the formation of the maxillofacial unit, so children need to wean the baby from biting the upper or lower lip, sucking fingers and nipples, creak teeth, and the habit of biting pens and pencils;
- genetic predisposition – dentists argue that the tendency to the malocclusion can be transmitted from parents to children;
- physiological characteristics – a short, thick frenulum of the upper lip leads to the fact that a powerful slimy cord is allows you to become teeth after eruption into the correct position, therefore, these features of soft tissue require surgical correction;
- problems in the temporary dentition is the premature loss of milk teeth leads to the fact that proizvoditsa permanent teeth do not have antagonists or neighbors, which is able to deviate from the proper axis of growth.
The main factors contributing to the curvature
In addition to the reasons which lead to the violation of the position of the teeth in the arc, there are also signs that they are growing crooked:
- disease respiratory – chronic rhinitis, enlarged adenoids, sinusitis and tonsillitis lead to the fact that the person starts to breathe through the mouth, and this leads to malfunction of the muscles of the tongue, resulting in the change of tooth position;
- pathology of the musculoskeletal system – curvature of the spine and rickets has a direct impact on the jaw. Because of the lack of minerals in the bones, they become soft and susceptible to deformation, and this causes the occurrence of malocclusion;
- long nipples sucking – a habit to keep the subject in the mouth leads to an unnatural positioning of the teeth in the arc, so even orthodontic pacifiers is not recommended to apply frequently in children after their first milk incisors.
- mechanical pressure – while rendering even small forces on the periodontium is the stretching of the ligaments holding the tooth in the hole, which contributes to its movement in an unnatural position. For this reason, you should not press your tongue on the incisors and canines, not to cause their displacement;
- prenatal development – harmful habits of the mother during pregnancy, such as Smoking, alcohol and drugs, inhalation of chemicals affects the health of the baby, including its teeth-jaw apparatus.
The reasons and factors leading to the emergence of curvature of the teeth, a lot, so it is impossible to clearly determine what led to the malocclusion.
Photos before and after treatment
How to fix teeth without braces?
Think about correction at an early age when the child begins the change in primary dentition to permanent, because the earlier you start the correction, the easier it is and less traumatic for the baby. In childhood and adolescence the structure of the bone is porous, therefore more susceptible to rearrangements and changes in it.
Some parents believe that the wearing of braces has a negative impact not only on the appearance of the baby, but his psycho-emotional state, and therefore refuse correction.
However, crooked teeth in adulthood can cause the development of complexes and insecurity that interferes with the normal building relationships with people. Therefore, to deal with the alignment of the teeth is necessary as early as possible, in addition, there are a variety of tools to achieve a positive result.
- Preortodontic trainers.
- A mouth guard.
The first two devices are recommended for use in children, and with the help of veneers and cap, you can get a beautiful smile in adulthood.
The use of braces for children
If a child is growing crooked front tooth, the use of multibinding systems recommended in those situations where to change the bite in other ways. Eliminate bending at school age you can use various devices:
- plate is the most common construction used in children since the advent of the permanent teeth. It consists of a plastic lining to hold items in his mouth, which are soldered to the screw, due to the unwinding which creates the necessary force to move the teeth, as well as from metal arches, curved in the form of the dentition. Correction of the bite is carried out by mechanical impact on crowns and smooth movement of the roots in the jaw. The most effective use of records in the age group of 7-12 years, when there is maximum growth of bones;
- preortodontic trainers – silicone products, but appearance remotely resembling a mouth guard that is used at an early age to change the location of the teeth. Such designs prevent the jaw from growing excessive pressure of the tongue and cheeks on the teeth that can change their situation. Trainers recommended to wear a few hours during the day and leave in the mouth overnight. Its important advantage can be considered as elasticity, so that the device does not cause discomfort to the baby, imperceptibly, and a mild effect on the teeth;
- braces – used in children not before the age of 12-13, because to this age the skeletal system soft enough, and a blatant interference in its growth and development can lead to more serious problems. The feasibility set of multibinding system is solved by the orthodontist only after examination of the radiographs individually in each case.
What to do with crooked teeth in adults?
Quite often in my practice orthodontists meet with older people who are not satisfied with the appearance of their smiles, but to wear braces to fix crooked teeth they do not want, and are looking for other ways to correct the violations.
It is important to note that without the help of multibinding systems will not be able to achieve perfect straight teeth in adulthood, especially if there are serious violations of the teeth-jaw apparatus. Using veneers and splints will resolve only minor cosmetic defects. Therefore, of the possibility of such fixes without braces should speak with a dentist after full oral examination.
A veneer is a special pad on the tooth, made of ceramic or composite restorative materials, fixed on the front surface for the visual correction of defects of the dentition. Such structures for aligning teeth can be used only in those situations where there are violations of maxillary relationship. The veneer is made individually for each patient according to the imprint of the dental arch, so when the conversation with the doctor can specify the desired color and shape.
To do this kind of restoration to correct the curvature of the teeth is only effective in certain situations.
- The closure of the diastema between the incisors.
- Eliminating minor rotation axis or plane of the problematic tooth.
- The recovery of damaged teeth.
- Restoring the enamel coating.
For veneers requires preparation of hard tissues at a shallow depth (up to 1.5 mm) if you don’t want to cut enamel, there is an alternative to such plates Lumineers. This thin ceramic plates, which are mounted on the vestibular surface of the tooth and create the desired cosmetic effect of a beautiful smile.
Another option orthodontic appliances used in adults, are Capa. Hard products are manufactured based on casts of the jaws and are worn at night to correct irregular teeth alignment. Wearing them is recommended in the following situations:
- overcrowding of molars, premolars and incisors;
- Trema and diastema.
Video: how to fix crooked teeth without braces? Says The Expert.
Besides the fact that having crooked teeth is ugly, such a change carries much more serious consequences for the organism.
- Disruption of the functioning of the teeth-jaw system.
- Increased abrasion of teeth.
- Inadequate chewing of food.
- The curvature of the teeth, accompanied by the breaking ratio jaw (mesial or distal occlusion), conducts to a spasm of cerebral vessels and chronic headaches.
- Poor hygienic care for the oral cavity because of the complete inability to clean hard to reach areas.
- The development of dental diseases such as periodontal disease, tooth decay or periodontitis.
► Curves have milk teeth of a child — should we panic?
Uneven milk occlusion has a direct relationship with the location of permanent teeth, so if you find that the temporary teeth of the baby is uneven, you should carefully observe his oral cavity, especially during the change of bite. In the case of uneven arrangement of the permanent incisors should seek the advice of an orthodontist.
► How to have a beautiful smile if teeth are crooked?
If you correct an uneven bite is not always possible for various reasons, don’t despair, because you can always find a good angle or the type of smile that most look great in the photos. It is not necessary to feel embarrassed about crooked teeth, because the source in the first place pays attention to how you are a nice person in communication, and from faults is always possible to distract bright accessories, a focus on external qualities and just interesting conversation.
► Is it possible veneers to correct the curvature of the teeth?
To overcome the aesthetic defects of smile is possible in certain situations, because it is only a cosmetic correction, which does not change the location of the tooth in the bone. If there are gross violations of the functions and structures of the maxillofacial Department, to correct the pathology is possible only with the help of orthodontic and surgical interventions.