The child has a toothache: how to relieve toothache how to help
If your child has a toothache, it means in the body of the little man, arose the inflammatory process, which requires mandatory treatment. Prevention of diseases of the oral cavity is the duty of moms and dads, when the first signs of the disease, you must consult a doctor.
Dental disease in pediatric practice
Toothache in a child indicates what evolved:
- Deep decay. Pathology is found in different age groups. Features of the structure of milk teeth promotes rapid tissue damage. If the parents are not closely watching the oral cavity of the crumbs not conduct medical examinations, the disease progresses rapidly. In the early stages the disease can be treated painlessly with mineralization of tissues with calcium and fluoride. If assistance is not promptly rendered, for a short time decay of the stage, spot proceeds to the next stage and completely destroys the unit. The causes of the disease are: poor oral hygiene, the obsession with sweets, cakes, genetic predisposition, frequent catarrhal diseases. In the initial stages of babies do not show complaints, the main symptoms are changes in the structure of dental tissues. Unit darken, the smoothness disappears, they appear spots of different color, are chipped, rough edges. Sensitivity appears when contact with a cavity of food particles and disappears after thorough hygienic procedures;
- Pulpitis — inflammation of the nerve fibers inside the channels of the units. Pathology is a complication of caries and brings their owners a lot of pain. Baby is fussy, whiny, complaining of severe pain in the mouth;
- Periodontitis — inflammation of periodontal tissues. Pathology develops if not promptly to treat the pulpitis, caries, sometimes occurs as a result of poorly performed dental treatment. In pediatric practice common are arsenic periodontitis. Kids suffering from periodontitis, change in behavior, crying, sulking, complaining of discomfort when eating. The sensitivity is magnified if you touch the affected unit.
Possible causes of discomfort:
- Tooth pain in children can be a sign of gingivitis catarrhal gingivitis. The main culprit of the disorder is poor hygiene care for the oral cavity. Parents should monitor the quality of daily routines. If the rules are neglected, there is a soft microbial plaque, then it is converted to solid. Stones, putting off at the gums, causing inflammation. Signs of gingivitis: pain in the mouth, redness, swelling of mucous membranes, bad breath, bleeding gums during hygienic cleanings, and eating solid food. Pain with gingivitis at the initial stages is not strong, do not cause discomfort. However, parents may notice a dangerous sign — the blood on the bitten solid vegetables and fruit, brush, after cleaning units;
- If you have a toothache in a child and there was swelling of the face, it is necessary to exclude the development of a flux. Periostitis — periosteum inflammation. If the kid complained about the pain, not treat the problem superficially. Flux is accompanied by the appearance of small bumps on the gums at the base of the roots. Tooth pain initially weak, gradually increases. After a short time, the condition worsens: appear lethargy, weakness, body temperature rises, swelling increases, moves to the neighboring soft tissue. The volume increases one side of the cheeks, lips, neck, the face becomes asymmetrical, it is difficult. At occurrence of dangerous signs of periostitis, hurry up with that baby in dentistry. The flux may be complicated by sepsis, cellulitis, abscess.
- If the child has a sore tooth and a wobbly, and your little one 6 years or more, it may mean that the time has come for temporary units to be replaced at the root. The first fall incisors and canines, the molars. Most often, the change is on their own, during a mechanical impact. In some cases, for the removal, you need to go to the dentist — surgeon.
Baby teething pain give kids suffering, and their parents agitation, anxiety and sleepless nights. So baby never complained about discomfort in the mouth, see the daily execution of hygienic procedures, make a correct diet, carry out routine surveillance at the dentist.
Treatment in dentistry
What to do if a baby is sick?
If your child has a toothache, contact him at the medical clinic. It must be done as early as possible. During the reception, the doctor examines the oral cavity using a probe and dental mirror. Do not be afraid that the doctor will cause pain. If necessary, will be conducted by the local anesthesia which will completely eliminate the discomfort.
The task of parents, to set the crumbs on a positive outcome of therapy. Useful tips:
- Never try to scare kids dentists. Tell your son or daughter that the dentist is a kind doctor who will help him deal with a bad disease;
- Before visiting the medical clinic, tell the young patient about the importance and necessity of procedures;
- Explain to the child how to behave during the procedure;
- Promise baby that after treatment, little hero heroic will receive a valuable gift.
Even if the baby during procedures will cry not prettygate it and will definitely be encouraging it. If the parents since one year of age regularly visits with the son or daughter of the doctor as a preventive measure, the doctor becomes for your child, a good friend and absolutely does not cause fear.
Treatment of caries in the clinic:
- The elimination of the affected tissues;
- The formation of the cavity, its antiseptic treatment, drying;
- The formation of crowns, correction, grinding, polishing fillings.
Treatment of periodontitis of deciduous teeth:
- The elimination of the affected tissues, opening, processing channels. For the relief of inflammation is assigned to home treatment: rinsing solutions, treatment with antibacterial agents;
- After elimination of source of infection, the canals are filled with a special paste, forming a permanent seal.
Remember, milk teeth in children with caries occurs rapidly destroyed, without the accompanying treatment develops pulpitis, periodontitis, dental abscess.
Treatment of pulpitis:
- The removal of the affected tissues;
- The installation of ARSENICAL paste in the mouth of the unit;
- Processing channels, filling them with a resorcinol formalin or special anti-inflammatory biodegradable paste;
- The formation of the seal.
Help with gingivitis is:
- The removal of solid deposits;
- Grinding and polishing units;
- Appointments for home treatment and recommendations.
Treatment of periostitis is similar to the treatment of periodontitis. In most cases, the development of the baby flux, the affected unit must be removed.
In acute dental pain in a child, the doctor must make the young patient on the day of visit. In some clinics there is a special doctor who deals with «sharp pains» in young patients. If in medical institution there, take the patient into the vacated at the doctor time.
First aid baby
How to remove a toothache in a child and to assist him, need to know all the parents. Questions and answers:
- Can help to pain pills? Yes, drugs can help to eliminate the unpleasant symptoms. They provide temporary relief as crumbs, but alone can not be cured. Therefore, medicines are given only in order to help the kid to wait for a mandatory visit to the doctor. The drugs of choice include: Paracetamol (Panadol, Set, Calpol), Ibuprofen ( Nurofen, Ibufen). Tool combination relieves pain and fever, soothe, improve health. Applying the medication, do not exceed the set dose even if the drug has a weak effect.
- How to help your son or daughter, if the gums have started to bleed? To eliminate unpleasant sensations it is possible by using antiseptic rinse decoction of herbs: Chamomile, Calendula, oak Bark, Sage. Infusions are prepared in a thermos or in a water bath, after complete cooling strain. Rinsing is carried out every 40 — 60 minutes. If after manipulation, the symptoms of gingivitis will disappear completely, still be sure to show your child the dentist.
- To hurt baby teeth can, if it starts periodontitis. In this case, the first will rinse soda saline. Mix 1 teaspoon of salt 1 teaspoon of baking soda with 200 ml of water, stir. Explain to the child how to conduct the procedure. You need to rinse your mouth every 40 minutes. Salt and baking soda eliminate the inflammation, fight disease-causing microorganisms.
- How to help the little man, with carious pain? In order to resolve a symptom, conduct a thorough cleansing of the cavity with a brush, let rinse mouth with clean water. After the removal of food particles, pain can disappear completely.
Maintaining the health of the oral cavity
To reduce the risk of diseases in children, follow these guidelines:
- Visit your dentist in conjunction with a son or daughter, from 1 year of life, every 6 — 7 months. Follow all recommendations of your doctor.
- Follow the execution of daily hygienic measures in children with 3 to 4 years. In babies, the parents carry out the cleaning units independently from birth. With 7 years of age, teach children how to use floss, a Waterpik, mouthwash. Choose hygienic products, respectively age category. Ensure that the brush was not for kids toys. Pasta despite the sweet taste and safety are not related to food.
- Follow the diet of the family. Reduce the amount of sweet food. Enter in the menu enough fruits and vegetables, and greens.
- In case of vitamin deficiency, the doctor taking a comprehensive multivitamin, dentists spend remyelination tissues of enamel.
Manipulations that can not be done
- To take painkillers to alleviate the condition of more than 3 days;
- Exceed the dosage of the medication;
- To pursue a course of antibiotic therapy without a prescription;
- Try to remove hard deposits with the help of sharp objects;
- Sand the plaque with abrasive means;
- Rubbed into mucous gums the aggressive juices herbs and vegetables (garlic, onion, radish, celandine);
- To conduct the surgical procedure (to try to open the resulting tumor’s roots units, to remove molars in adolescents);
- Apply to cheek applying a heating pad or compresses. The heat causes the development of complications.