The sealing of the teeth — fissure sealing of deciduous teeth
Sealing teeth is indicated for the eruption of permanent teeth to prevent caries. Indeed, during food fissures are always food remnants, decay of which leads to the growth of pathogenic microorganisms. It is a provoking factor for further development of the disease.
Indications for the procedure and the essence of its action
Geneticaly fissures of teeth is performed by a special filling material. During the procedure on the chewing side of the molars and premolars impose protective layer. Its main purpose is the leveling of the surface, which prevents penetration and accumulation of food debris and bacteria, causing tooth decay.
Fissures on the teeth, which increases the resistance of enamel to adverse environmental factors. Do not allow the actions on the surface of the acids, which are synthesized by cariogenic bacteria and prevent the destruction of the enamel.
Fissure sealing of deciduous teeth is shown in the following situations:
- Deep grooves on the chewing surfaces of permanent teeth of children. Thus they accumulate food particles, which can be cleaned only with a toothbrush. Since this procedure is not carried out after each meal or snack, then a small amount of food still remains in the fissure. The application of this method may be used only to protect the teeth not affected by caries. Treatment is indicated for permanent teeth, milk enough to use preventive tools, such as the treatment of fluorine-containing compounds, and careful oral hygiene.
- Insufficient mineralization of the enamel. This process continues for a very long time, until the child is 16-18 years. Therefore, the sealing of the teeth you need to do immediately after the eruption. The disadvantage of this method is that to visit the dentist, have a few times. Because the teeth erupt at different times, and at different times.
Prevention of caries is mainly used for children. The application of the method of an adult is shown only in the case when the tooth is affected by caries, and it happens very rarely.
Contraindications for the procedure
To solve the issue of necessary sealing can only be a doctor after a thorough examination of the child. Despite the fact that the main role of the sealing of the teeth — the preventive, doing the manipulation is not always possible.
The main contraindications to the application of a protective layer on the fissures:
- the presence of an Allergy to the materials used;
- tooth decay in the grooves of the chewing surface of the teeth;
- caries to the sides of the molars and premolars.
- the wide open cracks that are easy to clean with a toothbrush.
When carrying out the sealing of molars and premolars immediately after the eruption, and after a few years, there is a high probability of the development of hidden caries. And if, upon inspection of the disease could not be found, the enamel coating of the protective material will not give any result.
One of the side effects of the procedure is a progression of the disease in the absence of visible symptoms. It threatens the strong tissue of the tooth, because under the cover nothing can be viewed.
Materials for sealing of fissures
For the prevention of dental caries and smoothing the crevices on the chewing surfaces of molars and premolars using 3 basic types of materials.
The most popular composite silenty. Made of special resin, solidification is achieved with the additional application of light or chemical substances. There are 2 main types of composite materials, each one has its advantages and disadvantages:
- Unfilled silenty. Different liquid consistency and fluidity, easy to penetrate into the deepest and slits, providing tight contact with tooth enamel. However, it is rather quickly worn down, and after a while need replacement.
- Filled with silanti. Have lower viscosity, therefore used mainly for invasive hermetization teeth. Abrasion-resistant, but very sensitive to moisture.
Composite silenty provide long-term protection of the fissure. The tool saves preventive properties up to 5-8 years, depending on the individual child.
A pretty popular group of materials for sealing teeth glass ionomer cements. They include aluminum, zinc, calcium, fluorine and other minerals. Thanks to the optimal combination of all components can be achieved characterizesthe action. An additional advantage of the use of glass ionomer cements is no need to pre-treat the chewing surfaces of the teeth acids. The material is not used for the sealing of a deep and narrow fissure, as it does not have sufficient fluidity. With the exception of cases where there is a need for mechanical crack opening using a drill. Unlike Simantov composite, glass ionomer cements quickly lose their protective properties. And after 3 years their safety is only about 10%.
The latest version of the materials that are used for caries prevention, the compomers. Characterized by high fluidity and resistance to moisture. Due to the presence of fluorine a small amount of mineral is gradually released to the enamel, helping to strengthen it. With this tool pretty quickly erased, the maximum lifetime is only 2 years.
How is the sealing of cracks
Fissure sealing of teeth is absolutely painless procedure, not requiring the use of local anesthesia. A mandatory part of preventive treatment is to consult with the specialist. This will help to determine the presence or absence of caries on the chewing surfaces of molars and premolars. In addition, in advance to choose the material for sealing.
The best time for the procedure — within 6 months after eruption of teeth. This period of tooth enamel has no time to damage even in the presence of shallow and deep cracks.
Cleaning the surface of molars and premolars is performed using special brushes and rubber bands. The need for the use of a drill is missing, which is an advantage of the procedure.
The surface must be absolutely dry, you need to surround the tooth with a cotton swab to exclude saliva contamination. This is the basic rule of successful manipulation.
The next step is treatment with an antiseptic, then a special acid. This substance is not only used in the case when sealing cracks will be steklovarenie cements. In a few minutes the acid be sure to rinse, and the surface again dried.
Final step — apply a thin layer of Silenta and distribution of the cracks. So the tool is hardened in a few minutes using a special light bulb.
After the procedure, be sure to make sure that the protective layer is superimposed is thin and does not prevent the patient to speak, chew, and perform other actions. To check use a special carbon paper that is placed on the treated tooth. After that, the child should tightly close the jaw. Excess material is clearly visible on the print, they must be removed with grinding machines.
In order to verify the effectiveness of the procedure and the safety of the protective layer, should regularly visit the dentist for a checkup — at least 1 times a year. This will allow timely detect signs of erasing material to solve the issue of re-sealing.