The temperature in the eruption of teeth in children: how many days holds?
Fever during teething in children refers to the common characteristics. How many days lasts fever, depends on the tactics of the parents and the choice of drugs.
The cutting teeth often are a serious challenge for parents and their baby, because the baby is changing: quiet children can become nervous and Moody, others require constant wear on the hands.
A child refuses to eat, sleeps badly, he has a fever, and sometimes manifested dyspeptic disorders such as diarrhea or vomiting.
The reasons for increased temperature
The growth of the first teeth in only a small proportion of children under one year flows easily and seamlessly, so that sometimes parents may not notice when there was the appearance of the first tooth, though this is rare.
The majority of babies exposed to changes in behavior, especially at night, with disturbed sleep and the occurrence of minor reactions to the growing front teeth.
During the eruption there are two process having a close relationship:
- in the growth phase of the tooth produced a lot of active components that allow you to soften the jawbone and gums, facilitating the promotion of tooth;
- due to the weakening of the immune status of the oral cavity, the accession of infection, which is another reason why the temperature rises.
Often the standard symptoms accompanying the growth of teeth, associated with diarrhea or vomiting. This is due to the fact that in this period has increased salivation to protect the mouth from various diseases. The child swallows a lot of saliva, which is a violation of the normal activities of the bowel.
With the growth of the teeth usually after a year the process is easier, except for the period when erupt the canines or eye teeth, as they are called. They are quite large, and located in the place of a natural bending of the jaw, which is slightly complicates their progress.
In addition to temperature, the baby sometimes show signs similar to colds, sometimes even have snot. It is therefore important to clearly define what has caused such changes in the child: appearance of the infection or the growth of teeth.
How many days persistent fever while teething in children?
When unpleasant symptoms occur, parents are worried about how long it will last.
- normal, hyperthermia is observed during 1-3 days during the eruption of deciduous teeth, i.e. in the period when he breaks through the layer of the mucous membrane of the gums;
- when the moment comes physiological change, indigenous teething, without bringing trouble, except for the molars, because of their anatomical features and size of the crown.
When subfebrile temperature is determined by a few days, or the figures of the thermometer go up to 40 or more, this is a worrying sign that requires professional assistance of a pediatrician.
What the temperature may be teething – 37, 38, 39, 40?
Amid the eruption of normal data of temperature does not exceed 37.5 – 38 °C. This value is called low-grade and does not require the use of medicines. It can increase the evening or at night, the child feels good.
Some children even a minor increase in hard stand. In certain situations this value can be increased, causing concern for parents.
The main causes of febrile (39 °C) or pareticheski (40 °C) temperatures.
- A weakened immune system.
- The addition of a secondary infectious process (stomatitis, sore throat).
- The development of inflammation.
Than at high temperature?
High fever during teething is extremely unfavorable to the kids in the first year of life, particularly those with pathology of internal organs and disorders of the nervous system.
Hyperthermia carries a risk that is associated with disruption of the flow of many processes in the body.
- There is an imbalance in the water-salt balance.
- Increases oxygen consumption.
- The depletion of energy reserves.
- Greatly increases the load on the heart muscle, the increase in temperature even by 1 °C.
- Disturbed functioning of the nervous system, which contributes to muscle spasms. On the background of hyperthermia, they can lead to respiratory failure
- There is a risk of blood clotting inside blood vessels.
Parents should be attentive to a surge in growth temperature, which is not decreasing despite treatment. Do not engage in uncontrolled taking medication or traditional medicine, and let the professionals examine the child and to appoint adequate therapy.
When to call the doctor?
To call to call ambulance, or immediately invite a pediatrician at the house necessary when deterioration of health of the child.
These signals cannot be ignored:
- temperature increase – the appearance of pareticheski temperature (39 °C), when it can rise above 40 °C, while it subsides after medication;
- cramps – the occurrence of spastic contractions of the body of the baby, accompanied by an unnatural bending of the back, rolling of the eyes, blueness of the skin, requires an immediate call to the doctor;
- the accession of the symptoms – in addition to the temperature of the child is concerned about the diarrhea, vomiting or nausea;
- duration – when hyperthermia lasts three days or more, the medication has no effect.
When to bring the temperature down?
When teeth erupt, parents are concerned whether to give the medication, because the temperature increase is not associated with infection or colds. If the temperature does not increase above 38 °C, doctors do not recommend to reduce the temperature, citing the fact that the body need to fight disease and produce substances, which lower the temperature. However, this statement is true, when the baby feels good.
To reduce the temperature necessary in the following situations.
- The excess of testimony over 38 °C.
- Accompanying neurological disease.
- Heavy General condition.
When the child is hard to sleep, worried about his severe pain, he becomes cranky, deteriorating health, the baby is crying inconsolably, it is advisable to give antipyretic means, even if temperature reaches 38 °C.
What to do when child has fever?
High temperature in infants bear risk, which were listed above, so parents should be able to measure it correctly:
- axillary – measurement in the armpit is the most popular method among parents. This thermometer is placed in the skin fold, the skin should be dry and, clutching the handle of the child, provide close contact of the body and device. Normal temperature is 36.6 degrees;
- sublingual – measurement in mouth under the tongue. Convenient to have older children or when the child is calm and not spinning. Thermometer readings are a little higher than in the armpit and is 37 °C;
- rectally, the thermometer should be placed in the rectum. For the baby put in his lap, belly down, one hand gently separate the buttocks, and the second place the tip of thermometer into the anus of 8-10 mm. at Normal temperature is the highest and reaches 37,5 °C.
The health of the child, it is also possible to determine the external manifestations: there is a redness of the cheeks, dry lips and mucous membranes, there is an unhealthy gleam in his eyes, and the skin is burning and dry to the touch.
How to reduce the temperature of teething in children?
Before you shoot down the increased temperature, you need to know that this is a symptom of eruption of milk tooth of infants, not a symptom accompanying infectious or respiratory diseases.
- Create the baby comfortable.
- Supply fresh cool air through the window.
- Create the required humidity level in the room using a humidifier, or simply by placing wet towels in the room.
- Give your child a sufficient amount of drinking.
- Remove excess clothing and diaper.
If these actions do not bring results, then you should consider taking medication that will help to bring the fever down.
Video: how to bring down the temperature of teething in children?
To reduce temperature and ease pain from teeth prorezalsya use the drugs approved for use in children of early age:
- Paracetamol – a drug that is acceptable to give a child from the first month of life. Its effect appears after 30-40 minutes after eating, in addition to removing heat, the product has obezbolivatmi action, but it is not effective at temperatures exceeding 39 °C;
- Set – pharmaceutical active substance is paracetamol, lowering the temperature and reducing pain. You can give babies from 3 months of age;
- Nurofen is a drug containing paracetamol. Available in the form of dispersible tablets and suppositories, which facilitates the use in babies;
- Panadol – import equivalent of paracetamol, and therefore has the same properties as the aforementioned drugs;
- Ibuprofen – the drug is effective against high temperature, and also acts as a pain reliever. Cannot be applied to children who have problems with liver and kidneys, and under 3 months;
- Nurofen has ibuprofen, so smoothing it is a pity and pain. It is not advisable to use this drug when the child was adopted by another analgesic. For example for use in children under the age weight 6 kg;
- Nimesulide – it has a strong antipyretic effect, however, may have toxic effects on the body, which are allowed strictly for medical purpose and not exceeding three days;
- Viburkol – homeopathic remedy that relieves pain, removes inflammation and spasms of muscles and has a sedative effect. Available in the form of candles. It is acceptable to use in children in the first year of life.
All the drugs from young children allowed only as directed by your pediatrician, in a strictly specified dosages. Popular anti-inflammatory and pain drugs analgin and acetylsalicylic acid it is not advisable to give to small children due to the large spectrum of side effects.
If there is a temperature for a teething baby in the home can alleviate his condition. Remember that the health of the child is a fragile thing, which in any case is not worth the risk, relying on the fact that the symptoms themselves will be held. If you see that the child is in pain, you should take him to a pediatrician that will tell whether the teeth are a source of problems.
What to do to eliminate heat folk remedies? The best method for beating low temperature is the cooling of the body:
- rubbing a wet towel to – remove clothing from the baby and wipe his body with wet towel or cloth, have babies, be sure to remove the diaper so as not to disturb the body’s heat. Apply alcohol or vinegar for this, as their increased evaporation only cools the skin, and the temperature of the internal organs is increased or even enhanced by the fact that the pores are closed and do not allow for evaporation;
- a warm shower is allowed the child is older. The water is a comfortable temperature helps to reduce temperature and also promotes relaxation of the nervous system;
- drink plenty of water – when the baby has a fever, he sweats a lot, losing moisture. To fill the fluid balance in the body often offer him water, fruit drinks or fruit drinks;
- decoction of chamomile – boil 4 g of powdered raw material with boiling water, let steep, and then straining offer the kid as a tea. Medicinal properties of the plant help reduce inflammation and help to reduce the temperature;
- lime color – older children can make tea from lime flowers which enhance the secretion of sweat, which leads to cooling of the body.
Such methods fails to bring the fever down 1-2 degrees. If the indications of the thermometer above 38, you should still contact your pediatrician and traditional methods of treatment.
Video: first teeth — Dr. Komarovsky’s school.
Oksana, 24 years
My Sophia very hard given the emergence of each tooth, especially the first two. She cried and cried for hours, refused to eat, had a fever up to 39 °C. the Rubbing wet sheet is allowed to lower the heat of the moment. I was invited to the house of the district pediatrician and he advised us candles Viburkol. It’s a homeopathic remedy, so I decided to apply and was not disappointed. The temperature dropped a little calmed down, her condition improved, she even ate well.
Irina, 30 years
Teeth first erupt, the child had absolutely no problems, so I was hoping that the second is probably safe. Sorry, I was wrong. The first tooth was accompanied by temperature, however small, about 37.5. I called the doctor, he said that if the child is calm, then just give him more fluids and you can do without drugs. However, the son was acting out, spun all popped in your mouth, not slazil with it. The pediatrician was allowed to give the baby paracetamol. After 30 minutes, the temperature fell, the baby calmed down.
Olga, 22 years
Daughter has been hard on back teeth. She was weak, there was a heat — 40 °C. I decided not to risk, because very scared for the health of my girls, so they called an ambulance. The doctor did an injection that lowers high body temperature and pain. And said we all did the right thing by calling an ambulance, not self-medicating.
► Maximum temperature of the child when teething
Thermometer readings vary greatly in children. Some survive this process without obvious symptoms, when the temperature remains in the normal range. Other kids it grows to very high levels – above 40 degrees. It all depends on individual tolerance of the child.
► Is it possible to walk with your child during this period?
If it feels good, the body temperature increases over 38 degrees, and he is very active, and the behavior is virtually indistinguishable from the everyday, the fresh air will benefit because it will allow him to escape from unpleasant feelings in the mouth.
► What to do if bad break temperature?
If medication does not work, the parents notice a deterioration of General condition, when the child becomes lethargic, a lot of motionless, refuses food, and also occurs increase of body temperature, it is a clear signal for an immediate call to ambulance. Doctor-on-call is required and in the case that the temperature does not fall for three days or more.