Toothache sore gums what to do
If you have a toothache, sore gums what is becoming a very important issue. People are not visiting the dentist for preventive care, unsure if teeth, incisors, molars do not get sick, so they are healthy. However, it is not. Diseases of the oral cavity for a long period of time can be asymptomatic without causing any trouble to their owners. The article describes common diseases of the teeth and gums. Answered how to cope with the unpleasant symptoms and restore health to your body.
Pathology, accompanied by pain:
- Medium and deep caries. The causes of the disease are: poor oral hygiene, unlimited use of sweets, carbonated drinks, vitamin deficiency. Contributing factors: childhood and adolescence, pregnancy, breast feeding, old age.
The disease has 4 stages:
The appearance of white chalky spots in the enamel indicates the presence of the first manifestations of dental caries. If not timely to provide patient care, pathology will spread deep into the tissues, affect enamel and dentin.
Pain in the middle and deep caries is due to close proximity of the pulp (neurovascular bundle) to the lesion. Pain manifests itself in contact with particles of food in a cavity. The sensitivity increases with the use of sour, salty and sweet food, also the reaction you receive when in contact with cold and hot food. If a person immediately after a meal, spend quality hygiene and clean the plaque from carious cavity, the symptoms will disappear. However, the presence of response to external stimuli indicates the need for treatment.
The presence of deep dark hollow points on average and deep caries. Fabric units are friable under mechanical stress with ease indestructible. When checking dentist with caries test, the reaction is positive;
- Periodontitis — inflammation of periodontal tissues. Causes of disease are trauma unit, pulpitis, caries. Contributing factors: hypothermia, colds. Pain when periodontitis is not initially strong. It appears only when biting on the affected tooth. With the growth of the inflammation, the pain increases, it becomes nagging and persistent;
- Abscess (dental abscess) inflammation of the periosteum. Causes: periodontitis, pulpitis, dental caries, inflammatory gum disease, ENT infection. Pathology is accompanied by the appearance of small bumps at the base of the roots. At the initial stage of the disease, the pain may be completely absent, and people notice the appearance of unpleasant sensations only when biting. Gradually, the symptoms increase, the pain becomes constant, the swelling increases and extends to surrounding tissues. The flux is a very dangerous complications: sepsis, cellulitis, abscess;
- Pulpitis — inflammation of the nerve fibers inside the root one. The main causes of the disease: tooth decay, mechanical injury. The main symptom of pulpitis is pain. It grows at night, exhausting the person does not allow him to sleep. With the onset of the morning, the pain decreases, sometimes disappears completely. However, with the advent of twilight, the symptom returns. With pulpitis most often in the mouth there is destroyed the unit is black in color, although sometimes external changes are absent. Also pulpitis may occur after poor-quality treatment of medium and deep caries.
- Gingivitis catarrhal gingivitis. Causes of disease is poor oral hygiene. By the predisposing factors include: Smoking, alcohol consumption, pregnancy, breastfeeding, menopause, elderly and youth age. Gingivitis is manifested as: bleeding, redness, edema, soreness of the gums, bad breath, presence of solid deposits. The sick person complains of burning pain and itching in the gums, increasing during mechanical action (brushing teeth, eating);
- Periodontitis — inflammation of periodontal. Causes of disease in humans: gingivitis, poor oral hygiene, Smoking, drinking strong coffee, tea, no holding hygiene at the professional level. Symptoms of periodontitis: the formation of deep periodontal pockets, inflammation, exposure of roots, incomplete adhesion of the gums to the teeth, the presence of solid deposits at the units, dark pigmented plaque. On the middle and later stages of the disease may lead to the mobility of units, there is deterioration of health of patients. People suffering from periodontal disease, complain of severe pain in the mouth. She aching, increased during a meal;
- Periodontal disease — the defeat of periodontal tissues, destruction of the retaining ligaments and bone tissue of the jaw. The disease is chronic, developing slowly in the early stages does not manifest symptoms. The causes of pathology: genetic predisposition, older age, vitamin deficiency, endocrine disorders. Pain with periodontitis appear on the middle and later stages, when the cervix thins and roots units;
- A jaw injury is accompanied by severe pain. It depends on the location and extent of tissue damage.
The first manifestations of diseases of the oral cavity, contact your dentist. Doctors will diagnose, establish a diagnosis and determine the causes of unpleasant symptoms, eliminate them. Timely visit to the doctor to maintain health and avoid complications.
The help of a doctor in diseases of the gums:
- Hygienic cleaning — removing soft and hard plaque, treatment with an antiseptic solution, the grinding and polishing units.
- Consultation with the patient about further treatment tactics. At home recommended to use a special antiseptic, anti-inflammatory gels, ointments, solutions.
- In the later stages of periodontitis the use of surgical methods: open and closed curettage, gingival flap operations.
- To stop the development of periodontal disease using physiotherapy, therapeutic massage.
All manipulations are painless, since treatment begins soon after the injection and the commencement of modern anesthetic.
Tactics dentist with an average caries:
- The inspection, when the need for x-ray diagnostics;
- Removing carious tissues, antiseptic treatment of the formed cavity, reconstruction of a shape of the tooth with filling material.
- Correction seal at the bite, grinding and polishing of the tooth.
Work dentist the flux:
- Diagnosis using x-ray and visual inspection.
- The autopsy the source of infection and elimination of the exudate. For the treatment to eliminate the diseased tissue, cleanse and expand channels, conduct antiseptic treatment. With the ineffectiveness of conservative treatment resort to surgical procedures: resection of the gums, removal of tooth.
- After elimination of the infectious process, the root canals are sealed with gutta-percha and Siller, forming a permanent seal, if necessary, the tooth is covered with crown. Treated unit shall be under the supervision of a dentist, as there is a risk of recurrence of the disease.
Doctor’s tactics in case of deep caries and pulpitis:
- The inspection, x-ray image.
- The elimination of the affected tissues, opening the pulp chamber, and thoroughly cleaned the root canal. In the treatment of many unit root at the mouth of the tooth impose a special ARSENICAL paste, which can kill the nerve endings and eliminate pain during treatment.
- Filling the canals with gutta-percha and Siller;
- In the last visit to the dentist creates the crown units using composite. Subsequently, carries out the adjustment, the grinding and polishing of fillings.
Help at home
The first manifestations of diseases of the oral cavity, contact your doctor. Treatment of the gums and teeth — a difficult and responsible task, which requires professionalism, knowledge and skills. Eliminate the pain in the home will help:
- Rinse the soda-salt solution. For its preparation mix 1 teaspoon salt and baking soda with 200 ml of water, use the therapeutic fluid every 30 to 50 minutes. Simple manipulation will help relieve symptoms but will not eliminate the disease;
- In diseases of the gums it is advisable to rinse with a solution of chamomile, calendula, oak bark. To relieve inflammation of the oral cavity treated with chlorhexidine solution, Miramistina. The necessary therapeutic effect of the drugs is achieved only after carrying out of professional hygienic cleaning;
- Tablets: Ketarol, Nise, Analgin. Before using the product, read the instructions, examine the list of contraindications and side effects. Do not take medications in excess of the permitted rate, do not exceed the dosage. For pregnant women, breastfeeding women and children are allowed to be used: Paracetamol, Nurofen. The appearance of side effects, cancel drug, consult your dentist;
- Gel with analgesic effect: Holisal, Solkoseril, Kalgel.
To eliminate unpleasant sensations forbidden:
- Put tablets directly on the tooth or gums;
- Rinse your mouth with infusions of garlic, RUB the juice aggressive plants in mucous membranes;
- To attempt to remove hard deposits, open the source of infection with sharp objects.
Not worth it to endure the pain and long time to delay a visit to the doctor. Remember, the omission of precious time will bring suffering, increase the risk of complications.